AmblesideOnline Forums
Moderated Posts - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Moderated Posts (/showthread.php?tid=45708)

Pages: 1 2

Moderated Posts - lesliegid - 04-17-2021

Hi,

I have a couple of questions please.

When a moderated post isn't approved, does the writer get private notification with explanation, or is the post edited then posted (with or without explanation)?

Once a moderated post is approved by one moderator, can it be removed by another?

Thank you!

Moderated Posts - lklivingston - 04-17-2021

We don't edit posts. Posts might be deleted, although that's rare, but not edited.

RE: Moderated Posts - lesliegid - 04-18-2021

Thanks Kathy for helping me understand and for all the good you do here.

Moderated Posts - lklivingston - 04-18-2021

You're welcome!

RE: Moderated Posts - CrazyMama - 04-19-2021

I had a post deleted in Hot Topics, that I thought was by the moderators, but I figured out I accidentally did it. Often I post then see typos and edit them. Well on Hot Topics if you edit your post it has to be approved again and one time I tried to edit the post and my toddler swiped my touch screen and that left the page and so my post seemed to have been deleted. I went back to the page and tried get it fixed and it was not there. I had pressed save right before the toddler swipe so I thought it had worked and may be a moderator denied my post, but given the toddler swipe I am pretty sure it was my toddler.

RE: Moderated Posts - lesliegid - 04-20-2021

Yes, I just realized that editing a previously approved post in a moderated forum sends it back to the moderators. This had been adding to my confusion. I'm starting to feel my way around a little; I appreciate your willingness to help!

RE: Moderated Posts - lklivingston - 04-22-2021

Oh good! I'm glad you figured that out. It's actually a bit confusing!

RE: Moderated Posts - Maysaa - 04-22-2021

If you post in Hot Topics, does your post appear immediately, or do you have to wait for a moderator to approve it? I thought it posted immediately, and only needs to be approved by a moderator if it's edited (one of my posts only vanishes for me if I edit it), but my mom didn't think so.

RE: Moderated Posts - lklivingston - 04-22-2021

In the Student area, it posts immediately. In the main area, your post has to be approved by a moderator before it appears. So you're both right! We haven't needed to put moderation on all the Hot Topics posts in the Student area so far.

RE: Moderated Posts - CrazyMama - 04-23-2021

(04-22-2021, 11:27 PM)lklivingston Wrote: In the Student area, it posts immediately.  In the main area, your post has to be approved by a moderator before it appears.  So you're both right!  We haven't needed to put moderation on all the Hot Topics posts in the Student area so far.

I enjoy the delay in the non-student Hot Topics area a lot.  I think it is a great way to have people check themselves.  Thanks to whoever thought of that. I feel like it a natural way to implement the CM idea of the will gets tired and needs a break. Forming our passionate thoughts in a way that gives grace sure takes the will and that gets tired fast. With the forced breaks I think the quality of discussion is enhanced.