AmblesideOnline Forums
subscriptions - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: subscriptions (/showthread.php?tid=504)

subscriptions - MaryEllen - 07-31-2012

I'm trying to work out the kinks in my forum subscriptions. Ideally, I would like to not get an email every time there is a new post in a forum I am subscribed to. I prefer to just click on Forum Subscriptions and see the activity there. In my settings I only see the No Email Notifications under the Thread Subscriptions. Am I missing something?

RE: subscriptions - Phyllis - 07-31-2012

There should be... but I'm looking at my UserCP and not seeing that option. I'll get back to you about it tomorrow, when my brain is fresher. Right now I need to get to bed. Good night!

RE: subscriptions - lklivingston - 07-31-2012

MaryEllen Wrote:I'm trying to work out the kinks in my forum subscriptions. Ideally, I would like to not get an email every time there is a new post in a forum I am subscribed to. I prefer to just click on Forum Subscriptions and see the activity there. In my settings I only see the No Email Notifications under the Thread Subscriptions. Am I missing something?

When you subscribe to a thread, you choose at that time whether or not you want email to be sent. You can change your setting by going to each thread.

Right, but for forums...? It's different for forum and thread subscriptions. Anyway, like I said, tomorrow.....

Sorry. I misread the question.

Now I'm puzzled. I feel sure I initially set up subscriptions so that my forum subscriptions would be emailed to me, and they are. But I want to shut that off now, and I can't find the setting.

RE: subscriptions - Mommy Dixon - 07-31-2012

lklivingston Wrote:Now I'm puzzled. I feel sure I initially set up subscriptions so that my forum subscriptions would be emailed to me, and they are. But I want to shut that off now, and I can't find the setting.

Kathy, I think the choice to have email or no- email is only for thread subscriptions. Everything is kind of getting blurry after a week so I can't say for sure where I read that info. If you have a forum subscription, you automatically get email notifications. I had been trying to stop the constant email form the moderator forum. In the end, I unsubscribed and have only been subscribing to threads instead.

I'm still looking, too. If/when I find a solution, I'll let you know. What if you go to UserCP>Edit Options and turn off "Receive emails from the Administrators." Give it a try and let me know what happens, please.

RE: subscriptions - Mommy Dixon - 07-31-2012

Phyllis Wrote:I'm still looking, too. If/when I find a solution, I'll let you know. What if you go to UserCP>Edit Options and turn off "Receive emails from the Administrators." Give it a try and let me know what happens, please.

I just went to my userCP to try that and I saw that I did not unsubscribe to the moderator forum after all. I think I changed the thread subscription option, yet I continued to get emails. When I returned to my userCP to try to figure it out, I verified everything and made sure I clicked the update button at the bottom. At any rate, I have not been getting email notifications for that forum any longer. I subscribed to get emails for threads individually when I subscribed to the thread on the forum page. That seems to override my no email selected option in my userCP. Clear as mud?