subscriptions
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/subscriptions
I'm trying to work out the kinks in my forum subscriptions. Ideally, I would like to not get an email every time there is a new post in a forum I am subscribed to. I prefer to just click on Forum Subscriptions and see the activity there. In my settings I only see the No Email Notifications under the Thread Subscriptions. Am I missing something?
MaryEllen
Mom of 2 AO Graduates
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: subscriptions
There should be... but I'm looking at my UserCP and not seeing that option. I'll get back to you about it tomorrow, when my brain is fresher. Right now I need to get to bed. Good night!
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
MaryEllen Wrote:I'm trying to work out the kinks in my forum subscriptions. Ideally, I would like to not get an email every time there is a new post in a forum I am subscribed to. I prefer to just click on Forum Subscriptions and see the activity there. In my settings I only see the No Email Notifications under the Thread Subscriptions. Am I missing something?

When you subscribe to a thread, you choose at that time whether or not you want email to be sent. You can change your setting by going to each thread.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Right, but for forums...? It's different for forum and thread subscriptions. Anyway, like I said, tomorrow.....
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Sorry. I misread the question.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Now I'm puzzled. I feel sure I initially set up subscriptions so that my forum subscriptions would be emailed to me, and they are. But I want to shut that off now, and I can't find the setting.
Kathy 
lklivingston Wrote:Now I'm puzzled. I feel sure I initially set up subscriptions so that my forum subscriptions would be emailed to me, and they are. But I want to shut that off now, and I can't find the setting.

Kathy, I think the choice to have email or no- email is only for thread subscriptions. Everything is kind of getting blurry after a week so I can't say for sure where I read that info. If you have a forum subscription, you automatically get email notifications. I had been trying to stop the constant email form the moderator forum. In the end, I unsubscribed and have only been subscribing to threads instead.
Laurie
"But we are not a faint-hearted body; we mean, and we mean intensely; and to those who purpose the best, and endeavour after the best, the best arrives." ~ Vol.3, p148
I'm still looking, too. If/when I find a solution, I'll let you know. What if you go to UserCP>Edit Options and turn off "Receive emails from the Administrators." Give it a try and let me know what happens, please.
Phyllis Wrote:I'm still looking, too. If/when I find a solution, I'll let you know. What if you go to UserCP>Edit Options and turn off "Receive emails from the Administrators." Give it a try and let me know what happens, please.

I just went to my userCP to try that and I saw that I did not unsubscribe to the moderator forum after all. I think I changed the thread subscription option, yet I continued to get emails. When I returned to my userCP to try to figure it out, I verified everything and made sure I clicked the update button at the bottom. At any rate, I have not been getting email notifications for that forum any longer. I subscribed to get emails for threads individually when I subscribed to the thread on the forum page. That seems to override my no email selected option in my userCP. Clear as mud?
Laurie
"But we are not a faint-hearted body; we mean, and we mean intensely; and to those who purpose the best, and endeavour after the best, the best arrives." ~ Vol.3, p148

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  emails for forum subscriptions val_aggie 9 11,304 04-20-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Lani
  Help with Forum Subscriptions snelliott 5 6,137 08-11-2016, 05:06 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How do I change settings of thread subscriptions? JoyH 2 3,381 06-16-2015, 11:30 PM
Last Post: JoyH
  Subscriptions with Daily Emails raristy 1 2,717 05-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Forum Subscriptions ofthec 0 1,407 08-17-2012, 02:49 AM
Last Post: ofthec
  Forum Subscriptions ofthec 3 4,676 08-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani