AmblesideOnline Forums
Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? (/showthread.php?tid=50588)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - COMama - 01-03-2023

My teen joined the forum, and when she did, I started getting AAAALLLLLL the teen notifications. I understand the reasons why, but those monkeys are chatty! It's getting overwhelming to sort through. Is there any way to turn off teen notifications in my feed?

Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - lklivingston - 01-03-2023

You mean to stop seeing them in the list of current messages?

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - Phyllis - 01-03-2023

There is a plugin for that. I considered installing it a long time ago, but then didn't.

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - lklivingston - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 05:35 PM)Phyllis Wrote: There is a plugin for that. I considered installing it a long time ago, but then didn't.
Maybe you can give the information to Bailie.

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - Phyllis - 01-04-2023

It might not even be a valid plugin anymore. I have no memory of what it was called, and I'm not finding anything with my own searches. Maybe someone else can find it?

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - lklivingston - 01-04-2023

That IS a problem with the plugins, that they stop being supported or don't work properly with Tapatalk after awhile.

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - avidpenwoman - 01-05-2023

Hello, I am also having this issue. Whenever I post on a thread it subscribes me to it, even though I don’t want to be subscribed to any. I have to go to user cp daily and delete all the notifications I’m getting.

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - lklivingston - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 06:01 AM)avidpenwoman Wrote: Hello, I am also having this issue. Whenever I post on a thread it subscribes me to it, even though I don’t want to be subscribed to any. I have to go to user cp daily and delete all the notifications I’m getting.

I think that's actually a separate issue.  Look in your settings in UserCP.  I think there's a place where you set your default subscription options.  I'll look too and see if that's something I can change for you.

(01-05-2023, 06:01 AM)avidpenwoman Wrote: Hello, I am also having this issue. Whenever I post on a thread it subscribes me to it, even though I don’t want to be subscribed to any. I have to go to user cp daily and delete all the notifications I’m getting.

I think I fixed your subscription problem.  Let me know if you still see it happening.

You may have to go unsubscribe from threads you've been subscribed to, though.