Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
My teen joined the forum, and when she did, I started getting AAAALLLLLL the teen notifications. I understand the reasons why, but those monkeys are chatty! It's getting overwhelming to sort through. Is there any way to turn off teen notifications in my feed?
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
The following 7 users Like COMama's post:
  • AgentOfS.H.I.E.L.D., Asphalt_Pro, carpeaeternitatem, GoodQueenBess, HaRae, Lani, MichelleChoe
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
You mean to stop seeing them in the list of current messages?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • MichelleChoe
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
There is a plugin for that. I considered installing it a long time ago, but then didn't.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
(01-03-2023, 05:35 PM)Phyllis Wrote: There is a plugin for that. I considered installing it a long time ago, but then didn't.
Maybe you can give the information to Bailie.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
It might not even be a valid plugin anymore. I have no memory of what it was called, and I'm not finding anything with my own searches. Maybe someone else can find it?
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 1 user Likes Phyllis's post:
  • lklivingston
That IS a problem with the plugins, that they stop being supported or don't work properly with Tapatalk after awhile.
Kathy 
Hello, I am also having this issue. Whenever I post on a thread it subscribes me to it, even though I don’t want to be subscribed to any. I have to go to user cp daily and delete all the notifications I’m getting.
Friendly Neighborhood Bookaholic and Patsy Cline Aficionado
Also I’m very crunchy  ;) Check out my website!
The following 2 users Like avidpenwoman's post:
  • Burnzy21, GoodQueenBess
(01-05-2023, 06:01 AM)avidpenwoman Wrote: Hello, I am also having this issue. Whenever I post on a thread it subscribes me to it, even though I don’t want to be subscribed to any. I have to go to user cp daily and delete all the notifications I’m getting.

I think that's actually a separate issue.  Look in your settings in UserCP.  I think there's a place where you set your default subscription options.  I'll look too and see if that's something I can change for you.
Kathy 
  • Burnzy21
(01-05-2023, 06:01 AM)avidpenwoman Wrote: Hello, I am also having this issue. Whenever I post on a thread it subscribes me to it, even though I don’t want to be subscribed to any. I have to go to user cp daily and delete all the notifications I’m getting.

I think I fixed your subscription problem.  Let me know if you still see it happening.
Kathy 
  • Burnzy21
You may have to go unsubscribe from threads you've been subscribed to, though.
Kathy 
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • avidpenwoman, Burnzy21

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you have a TEEN, please read Phyllis 1 5,999 04-18-2023, 10:51 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,343 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,044 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  I can't access the teen forums anymore unavalible_username 20 23,384 01-14-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Barb Gifford
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,059 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Notifications not working Sandy O 9 10,770 03-17-2022, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Primeperiwinkle
  My teen joined the teen forum... what's next? alec 4 6,112 01-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: alec
  HOW TO: Turn on PMs Phyllis 13 16,684 08-19-2021, 11:09 PM
Last Post: nachokaty
  turning off teen forum ... MaggieAnnie 4 6,218 05-21-2020, 12:54 PM
Last Post: MaggieAnnie
  Not receiving email notifications anymore Friederike 8 9,435 03-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Friederike