AmblesideOnline Forums
Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? (/showthread.php?tid=50588)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - Lani - 01-05-2023

(01-03-2023, 10:08 AM)COMama Wrote: My teen joined the forum, and when she did, I started getting AAAALLLLLL the teen notifications. I understand the reasons why, but those monkeys are chatty! It's getting overwhelming to sort through. Is there any way to turn off teen notifications in my feed?

I was asking in A/A forum about how to "hide" teens from the View Today's Posts/ View New Posts as I can't see any of the actual applicable posts.  LOL

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - COMama - 01-05-2023

(01-03-2023, 10:56 AM)lklivingston Wrote: You mean to stop seeing them in the list of current messages?

Yes, so I would only see adult messages, not the teens

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - lklivingston - 01-05-2023

Not without losing your access to view the messages in the teen area altogether.

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - COMama - 01-05-2023

Okay. Thanks. :)

Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - MaryFrances - 01-05-2023

I was really bothered by this too when David first joined, but over time I have learned the kids usernames and most of the thread titles that they use, and can skim past them when I’m using Tapatalk. It has been nice to read some of the threads periodically to see what they are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - lklivingston - 01-06-2023

On the plus side, they rarely create new threads, so the titles do become familiar.

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - avidpenwoman - 01-06-2023

(01-05-2023, 07:05 AM)lklivingston Wrote: I think that's actually a separate issue.  Look in your settings in UserCP.  I think there's a place where you set your default subscription options.  I'll look too and see if that's something I can change for you.

(01-05-2023, 07:07 AM)lklivingston Wrote: I think I fixed your subscription problem.  Let me know if you still see it happening.

(01-05-2023, 07:08 AM)lklivingston Wrote: You may have to go unsubscribe from threads you've been subscribed to, though.
It’s all fixed thanks! [cheesy grin]

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - lklivingston - 01-08-2023

(01-06-2023, 05:45 AM)avidpenwoman Wrote: It’s all fixed thanks! [cheesy grin]
Great!

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - cobweb - 01-10-2023

I "solved" the issue of the teen forum posts by sorting the columns by Forum. First I choose "View New Posts" then I click on the "Forum" column in the search results. That groups all of the "AO Teens:" together.

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - etihwnyrhtak - 01-27-2023

(01-10-2023, 09:04 PM)cobweb Wrote: I "solved" the issue of the teen forum posts by sorting the columns by Forum. First I choose "View New Posts" then I click on the "Forum" column in the search results. That groups all of the "AO Teens:" together.

Can you explain more about the "Forum" column? I'm not seeing that after I choose the "view new posts."