AmblesideOnline Forums
Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? (/showthread.php?tid=50588)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - lklivingston - 04-01-2023

(04-01-2023, 10:33 AM)ARD Wrote: I am having this issue at the moment. Help. [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]
Does this happen in Tapatalk or in the browser?

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - MaggieAnnie - 04-01-2023

I am sooo glad this thread popped up! I totally forgot it's existence because I had it turned it off after my older kids graduated! [:P cheesy, cheesy!]

It is worth the pain, remind me how I add teens [:P cheesy, cheesy!] Who is the person to DM?

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - lklivingston - 04-01-2023

(04-01-2023, 12:46 PM)MaggieAnnie Wrote: I am sooo glad this thread popped up! I totally forgot it's existence because I had it turned it off after my older kids graduated!

It is worth the pain, remind me how I add teens Who is the person to DM?
Instructions are in Help and in a pinned thread in Tech Support.

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - Aster - 04-01-2023

Katie, don't challenge the teens to a duel - they have way more free time than we do! I had to explain to all my kids at lunch what Muppets were - haha!

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - Primeperiwinkle - 04-01-2023

(04-01-2023, 09:04 PM)Aster Wrote: Katie, don't challenge the teens to a duel - they have way more free time than we do! I had to explain to all my kids at lunch what Muppets were - haha!

Sorry!!! Haha! Awww.. that’s precious though. It’s not so much a duel though as it is marshaling the different avenues of creativity to plan, develop, make and spread the good, true, and beautiful things! Real culture based on real values. We’re seeding the world so that culture can be reignited. Hopefully.

Next thing you know some of the younger moms will do puppet Plutarch. Ha! That would rock! Don’t ever discount the young moms!

So anyway, we’re not really against each other. More like, we’re all against the world. We’re just on different teams. The grown-up team and the teen team.

And the Mom team never runs out of cookies. Ever! Yassssss

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - Asphalt_Pro - 04-02-2023

Translation: Yes, this is a duel to the death.

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - lklivingston - 04-02-2023

Just so everyone understands how this works:
Teens can post in the teen area; parents of teens can read that area but not post.
Parents can post all over here; only teens 18 and up can view and post this area.
Teens and parents of teens both have access (view and post) to the Parent/Teen area.

So we have a few teens posting in this thread, but they're all teens who are 18 or older and so actually have access to both parts of the forum.

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - Primeperiwinkle - 04-02-2023

(04-02-2023, 12:11 AM)Asphalt_Pro Wrote: Translation: Yes, this is a duel to the death.

Exactly. But either way somebody will have cookies.

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - MaggieAnnie - 04-02-2023

(04-02-2023, 02:02 AM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: Exactly. But either way somebody will have cookies.

See but we win when the teens get fed...so we win even if we lose....the wisdom of age...

RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? - ARD - 04-02-2023

(04-01-2023, 11:40 AM)lklivingston Wrote: Does this happen in Tapatalk or in the browser?

The browser.