AmblesideOnline Forums
Gmail accounts - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Gmail accounts (/showthread.php?tid=54354)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gmail accounts - lklivingston - 02-13-2024

If you have a gmail account, I want to know if you are receiving emails from the forum.  Do you receive the subscription emails (if you turned that on in your User CP)?  Do you receive password reset emails (if you requested a reset)?

If you have a gmail account, it might help for you to add aoforum@amblesideonline.org to your address book.

RE: Gmail accounts - Phyllis - 02-14-2024

I get forum subscription emails at my Gmail account.

RE: Gmail accounts - Elgwana - 02-14-2024

I do as well

RE: Gmail accounts - MommyGirl - 02-14-2024

I've rec'd both subs and password resets in the past month (two different gmail accounts.)

RE: Gmail accounts - lklivingston - 02-14-2024

That makes me feel better!

RE: Gmail accounts - Sammie2 - 02-14-2024

I do too

RE: Gmail accounts - HannahA - 02-15-2024

Interesting you should ask. I normally do receive emails. But I was just cleaning out my spam folder and found an email from the forum notifying me of a new private message (which was actually a notification about a thread I'm subscribed to; that's how I chose to be notified). I've never really paid attention to the address the email actually comes from, but this one does look suspicious. Is it legit? I've only copied the first part. 
Quote:AmblesideOnline Forums aoforum@amblesideonline.org via red-spiky-chestnut.nh-serv.co.uk 
Mon, Jan 22, 1:36 AM
to me

HannahA,

You have received a new private message on AmblesideOnline Forums from MyBB Engine:

------------------------------------------
HannahA,

Phyllis has just replied to a thread which you have subscribed to. This thread is titled Habit: adolescents getting themselves up in the morning - help!

Here is an excerpt of the message:
------------------------------------------

I had to erase a bunch of formatting there - hopefully I didn't erase anything crucial. Basically it was the red spiky chestnut thing that made me suspicious. But maybe I just haven't been paying attention, or the problem is I know nothing about servers.

Gmail accounts - lklivingston - 02-15-2024

That's our server name, assigned by our host. So that's legitimate.

RE: Gmail accounts - jjamir2004 - 03-22-2024

I was receiving emails regarding new replies to subscription threads and new private messages until January of this year. Leslie and I exchanged a few private messages when the emails stopped, but the issue is still unresolved.  I tried re-registering my email address (gmail) and re-subscribing to various threads earlier this week and am still waiting to see if that solves the problem.

RE: Gmail accounts - Clari - 03-22-2024

I haven't been.