Gmail accounts
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Gmail accounts
If you have a gmail account, I want to know if you are receiving emails from the forum.  Do you receive the subscription emails (if you turned that on in your User CP)?  Do you receive password reset emails (if you requested a reset)?

If you have a gmail account, it might help for you to add aoforum@amblesideonline.org to your address book.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • ChristineM
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Gmail accounts
I get forum subscription emails at my Gmail account.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 1 user Likes Phyllis's post:
  • lklivingston
I do as well
i created this world to feel some control...destroy it if i want
I've rec'd both subs and password resets in the past month (two different gmail accounts.)
Wife to the wonder-hubby
Mom to 6 kids, 5 fabulous boys (and finally a little girl!)
4 adult sons, 3 daughters-in-law, 2 elementary AOers, and 1 grand-baby on the way!
Serial expat, currently in NoVa.

The following 1 user Likes MommyGirl's post:
  • lklivingston
That makes me feel better!
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I do too
Second Generation Homeschooler w/ one daughter, Year 4
and two daughters, one son, and at least three more babies in heaven.
https://awdowner.com
Interesting you should ask. I normally do receive emails. But I was just cleaning out my spam folder and found an email from the forum notifying me of a new private message (which was actually a notification about a thread I'm subscribed to; that's how I chose to be notified). I've never really paid attention to the address the email actually comes from, but this one does look suspicious. Is it legit? I've only copied the first part. 
Quote:AmblesideOnline Forums aoforum@amblesideonline.org via red-spiky-chestnut.nh-serv.co.uk 
Mon, Jan 22, 1:36 AM
to me

HannahA,

You have received a new private message on AmblesideOnline Forums from MyBB Engine:

------------------------------------------
HannahA,

Phyllis has just replied to a thread which you have subscribed to. This thread is titled Habit: adolescents getting themselves up in the morning - help!

Here is an excerpt of the message:
------------------------------------------

I had to erase a bunch of formatting there - hopefully I didn't erase anything crucial. Basically it was the red spiky chestnut thing that made me suspicious. But maybe I just haven't been paying attention, or the problem is I know nothing about servers.
Second generation homeschooler. Grateful to my Father for the privilege of educating my children at home. Thankful for his longsuffering when homeschooling sneaks up onto the pedestal to become my idol.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Gmail accounts
That's our server name, assigned by our host. So that's legitimate.
Kathy 
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • HannahA, Subversive Gardener
I was receiving emails regarding new replies to subscription threads and new private messages until January of this year. Leslie and I exchanged a few private messages when the emails stopped, but the issue is still unresolved.  I tried re-registering my email address (gmail) and re-subscribing to various threads earlier this week and am still waiting to see if that solves the problem.
Jodi
wife of the Man; mom of the Miss, AO Y9
I haven't been.
"In Germany, the Nazis came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I was not a Jew.... Then they came for the Catholics, but I was a Protestant, so I didn't speak up. Then they came for me.... By that time, there was no one to speak up for anyone."
-Martin Niemöller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Orphan Accounts - Do you have one? lklivingston 0 2,329 08-01-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: lklivingston