AmblesideOnline Forums
Suggesting a new sub-forum - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Suggesting a new sub-forum (/showthread.php?tid=635)

Pages: 1 2 3

Suggesting a new sub-forum - suzukimom - 08-02-2012

Not sure how much interest there would be - but maybe there could be a sub-forum under Family Dynamics for "older parents"?

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - bggagne - 08-02-2012

We older parents don't have as much energy as the younger ones do, but we do OK despite our aches and pains and hot flashes ;-) I'd join it!

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - Jeanne Webb - 08-02-2012

I'd be there! Start a thread. See how it goes.

PS Hi Heather! Nice to see some friends here!

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - suzukimom - 08-02-2012

Hi Jeanne! I'm sure you have lots of friends here!

(08-02-2012, 08:23 AM)Jeanne Webb Wrote: I'd be there! Start a thread. See how it goes.

I can't see where to start a thread in the Family Dynamics area - it is all subforums.... and that would be the area to have it!

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - Jeanne Webb - 08-02-2012

(08-02-2012, 08:42 AM)suzukimom Wrote: Hi Jeanne! I'm sure you have lots of friends here!

Bloggy pals are different, though, somehow.:)

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - laurke - 08-02-2012

how old is "older"? Guess I'm not there yet if I don't want to join it, LOL

(08-02-2012, 11:47 AM)laurke Wrote: how old is "older"? Guess I'm not there yet if I don't want to join it, LOL

Well, I didn't have an exact age in mind... but say had a child/children after age 35? Or something like that?

I was 35 when I had my oldest... and was 41 (almost 42) when I had my (so far) youngest.... and I certainly have different things going on in our house/homeschool than a mom who was 20 when they had their oldest...

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - LeslieNoelani - 08-02-2012

(08-02-2012, 12:52 PM)suzukimom Wrote: Well, I didn't have an exact age in mind... but say had a child/children after age 35? Or something like that?

So this wouldn't just be a place for moms to talk about menopause, but a place for moms to talk about fitting in with their friends' moms who are 15 years younger even though their kids are the same ages?

I was 43 when I had my youngest, and then dealing with menopause . . . I'm not sure that having a child later in life needs to be a prerequisite. I think anyone over a certain age would be able to join, maybe anyone over 40? Whether they have toddlers or teenagers.

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - lklivingston - 08-02-2012

Great. Now, in addition to all that "advanced maternal age" talk from the ob/gyn, I get to hang out in the "aged moms" subforum. :-P