AmblesideOnline Forums
Suggesting a new sub-forum - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Suggesting a new sub-forum (/showthread.php?tid=635)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - LeslieNoelani - 08-02-2012

(08-02-2012, 01:26 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Great. Now, in addition to all that "advanced maternal age" talk from the ob/gyn, I get to hang out in the "aged moms" subforum. :-P

I like what another forum calls it: "Vintage Moms." :)

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - lklivingston - 08-02-2012

LeslieNoelani Wrote:I like what another forum calls it: "Vintage Moms." :)

I resemble that remark!

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - Kathy W. - 08-03-2012

I'd be all over that. Perimenopause, menopause, the advisability of having a new baby at 40 ++, homeschooling grandchildren (there's some on the list, I seem to remember). Yet we have so many forums, you sure it wouldn't work as a thread somewhere?

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - Pamark1 - 08-03-2012

I would love an older Mom's forum!

I had three kids in three years....I was 36, 37, and 39 when they were born. Now they are teenagers (well, one is almost a teen) and I'm pushing 51.... I'm tired. [:P cheesy, cheesy!]

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - bggagne - 08-03-2012

(08-02-2012, 01:26 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Great. Now, in addition to all that "advanced maternal age" talk from the ob/gyn, I get to hang out in the "aged moms" subforum. :-P

Oh man! I hated that when I was pregnant at 40 with my last bio baby! I felt like I should be walking in with a cane, the way they treated me at the OB office.

Ironically, when I had breast cancer at 44, the oncology staff kept telling me how young and strong I was. It's all a matter of perspective. LOL

(Are you expecting, Kathy????)

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - marie - 08-03-2012

I am only 36 now, but with M.S. I have had to change the way I homeschool. If an aged mom forum gets started, can I be the baby in the group when I need encouragement and advice?

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - Phyllis - 08-03-2012

You should join the group for moms with health challenges. We just made it private, so that you all can feel freer to discuss there. Go to your UserCP, and look for Group Memberships....

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - suzukimom - 08-03-2012

(08-03-2012, 03:43 AM)bggagne Wrote: Oh man! I hated that when I was pregnant at 40 with my last bio baby! I felt like I should be walking in with a cane, the way they treated me at the OB office.

(Are you expecting, Kathy????)

Hm - my last pregnancy I often WAS walking with a cane....

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - LeslieNoelani - 08-03-2012

(08-02-2012, 01:38 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: I like what another forum calls it: "Vintage Moms." :)

We have a new Private Group for vintage mothers called 42 Moms (no one under 42 is really old, at least not from where I'm standing!) To request access, go to your UserCP, and in the left hand panel, click on Group Memberships and you should see it listed (if you don't, let me know -- it means I did something wrong!) and click "join this group."

If you don't see 42 Moms, look for Forty-two Moms.

RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum - suzukimom - 08-03-2012

I don't see it in the groups on my usercp page....