WARNING: Tapatalk Ads
Announcements/WARNING: Tapatalk Ads
If you are using Tapatalk to access the forum, or especially if your teen is using Tapatalk to access the forum, you should pay attention to the ads.  For some users, the ads have become extremely inappropriate and hard to avoid.  What you see may not be the same as what your teen sees.  We have no control over the ads.

Many people use the forum on a phone or other smaller device using a browser.  Once you get used to it, it's not too difficult.  
We do hope to have a mobile-friendly template available for the forum in a few weeks.
Tapatalk has a paid option that lets you avoid ads.  We are not affiliated with Tapatalk and do not benefit financially from this, but this option might help you in the interim.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 5 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • annebaiel, Burnzy21, Clari, Friederike, Purposeful Abnegation
Yes! Today I started getting inappropriate ads on TapTalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Announcements/RE: WARNING: Tapatalk Ads
Oh no! I almost exclusively read the forum on my phone through a browser without problems.
Second Generation Homeschooler w/ one daughter, Year 4
and two daughters, one son, and at least three more babies in heaven.
https://awdowner.com
The following 1 user Likes Sammie2's post:
  • Friederike
(07-02-2024, 07:10 AM)Sammie2 Wrote: Oh no! I almost exclusively read the forum on my phone through a browser without problems.

So do I.
MaryEllen
Mom of 2 AO Graduates
The following 1 user Likes MaryEllen's post:
  • Sammie2
Yes, I've gotten some pretty nasty ads recently.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
I thought about it. I think i even downloaded it but never used it.
Thank you for the warning! I got inappropriate ads too but I just scrolled past. I wouldn’t let a child use it. Now I like to use the internet browser on my phone or computer to access the forum. For one thing, liking posts doesn’t seem to work on Tapatalk, and sometimes the Tapatalk app tends to freeze up. (But maybe that’s because I have an old phone).
wife to my high school sweetheart, blessed mama of 4 - ds8, dd5, ds3, ds1. 
"We do not want merely to see beauty, though, God knows, even that is bounty enough. We want something else which can hardly be put into words - to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into it, to receive it into ourselves, to bathe in it, to become part of it." (C.S.Lewis)
(07-03-2024, 03:07 PM)audreygreer Wrote: Thank you for the warning! I got inappropriate ads too but I just scrolled past. I wouldn’t let a child use it. Now I like to use the internet browser on my phone or computer to access the forum. For one thing, liking posts doesn’t seem to work on Tapatalk, and sometimes the Tapatalk app tends to freeze up. (But maybe that’s because I have an old phone).

Tapatalk does freeze up sometimes, especially while loading a thread, and the like button is known to be broken. One of Tapatalk's updates broke it a while back.
The ads are sometimes popup ads now, too, that force you to watch for a few seconds before you can skip it.
Programmer and computer troubleshooter and book lover