Save the Date!
Announcements/RE: Save the Date!
(09-23-2018, 03:04 AM)Elissa Wrote: Super excited here too! I'm hoping that nursing infants will be welcome?

Sent from my (usually) smart phone using Tapatalk

Absolutely!
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
The following 1 user Likes Dawn Duran's post:
  • Elissa
I'd like to book airfare; can any details be released about what time the conference will begin on the 4th and conclude on the 6th?
Amber, in NH with hubby and 3 kids (age 12g, 9g, 7b).  We are serving our Lord and helping each other!
(09-24-2018, 11:35 AM)taken2200 Wrote: I'd like to book airfare; can any details be released about what time the conference will begin on the 4th and conclude on the 6th?

Check-in will begin at 3:00 PM on Thursday. The event ends after lunch, served at noon, on Saturday. Plan for ~50 minutes to drive from the Nashville airport to the conference location.
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
The following 6 users Like Dawn Duran's post:
  • amberkever, jema777, Jenna Dilts, LucyBeeH, nimmyr, taken2200
I wonder if we would be able to coordinate a group to drive to/ from airport together to/from conference.
Julie
daughter in year 9
(twin) sons year 5, daughter year 2
The following 2 users Like OscarL's post:
  • Elissa, taken2200
(09-26-2018, 01:14 AM)OscarL Wrote: I wonder if we would be able to coordinate a group to drive to/ from airport together to/from conference.

We're hoping that attendees will be creative in coordinating just that, Julie. Once we are able to reveal the details (very soon!!) such plans can begin in earnest.
The following 4 users Like Dawn Duran's post:
  • carpeaeternitatem, COMama, Elissa, ladydusk
I’ve never been to an AO conference. Will there be small business vendors there?
(10-01-2018, 05:59 AM)daisies916 Wrote: I’ve never been to an AO conference. Will there be small business vendors there?

No.
The following 2 users Like Dawn Duran's post:
  • daisies916, KayPelham
I'm jumping in so I can follow this thread and get announcements in my inbox.  :)
Melissa - Homeschooling since 2007 (dd - 29; dd - 26; dd - 19; ds - 17; ds - 10)
http://reflectionsfromdrywoodcreek.blogspot.com/   https://www.instagram.com/melissaondrywoodcreek/
Announcements/Save the Date!
I'm definitely attending this regardless. However, is there any possible way I could get a certificate of attendance at the end with the hours on it? I have a TN professional teaching license, and it would be so awesome to be able to count this toward PD points for licensure renewal. I homeschool, but I like to keep my license updated.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Jessica- mom of 2 awesome girls, AO from the beginning. 
The following 2 users Like jema777's post:
  • bbnaville5, phoebebopeep
(10-09-2018, 01:00 AM)jema777 Wrote: I'm definitely attending this regardless. However, is there any possible way I could get a certificate of attendance at the end with the hours on it? I have a TN professional teaching license, and it would be so awesome to be able to count this toward PD points for licensure renewal. I homeschool, but I like to keep my license updated.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

We're glad you're interested in joining us!! We plan to launch some preliminary details in the coming week for the event, so stay tuned!

Conference planning is no joke, y'all. I cannot adequately express how the details of this is taking over our lives. It is all going to be worth it to create an event where we can all gather and fellowship together, but we will not be able to add additional tasks to the planning, such as contacting the TN Dept of Education in order to obtain approval for continuing education/professional development. 

However, I encourage those of you interested in something like this to pursue the knowledge on your own. In every state I've lived in that requires CEUs/PD there has been an option to submit something for approval on an individual basis, and I encourage you to do just that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! WendiC 517 6,305,351 05-27-2016, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Sendy_Green