A new kind of Plutarch book
Announcements/A new kind of Plutarch book
For those not sure how to get started with Plutarch, or anyone wanting to get more out of the studies, I've put together The Practical Plutarch, a short book with some why-to's and how-to's. It also includes a six-lesson study for the Life of Eumenes, which I'm hoping will be good for beginners as well. Here's the US link for the paperback; it's also available for Kindle, and it should also be on the Amazon sites for other countries.

https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Plutarc...F8&qid=&sr=
Anne White, Southern Ontario
My book page at Amazon
The following 2 users Like AnneWhite's post:
  • Indigo, LovieWie
Announcements/RE: A new kind of Plutarch book
Yay!!!!!
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
Great, thanks!
Very awesome, Anne! I love the idea of a 6-lesson study.
So thankful for your work in this area!
Will this be added to the website in the Plutarch rotation page (the part that says: If you are just beginning Plutarch, you may prefer to begin with Publicola, as it has study notes for beginners. It is listed below, and is also available in book format.) or maybe the year 4 footnote? Which recommends the Stories from the history of Rome and says nothing about publicola. Gah I feel overwhelmed with three choices and they are all so foreign to me.
Mama of 6 (YR 6, YR 4, YR 2, Preschooler, Toddler, and Baby) <3 
No, this will not be included in the Plutarch rotation, but you could use the Eumenes study as a first dip into Plutarch. Or you could do the Publicola study, which is available free on the site.

If you have a young Year 4 who does not yet seem ready for Plutarch in the original, you can put it off for a year and read Mrs. Beesly instead. That's what the PNEU originally did.
Anne White, Southern Ontario
My book page at Amazon
We did Beesly in Y4, then I wimped out and didn't do Plutarch after that. I got your book, and am ready to start this year! It sounds like it will be that bridge to help break the ice. I am really thankful for it.
(07-13-2021, 08:59 PM)AnneWhite Wrote: No, this will not be included in the Plutarch rotation, but you could use the Eumenes study as a first dip into Plutarch. Or you could do the Publicola study, which is available free on the site.

If you have a young Year 4 who does not yet seem ready for Plutarch in the original, you can put it off for a year and read Mrs. Beesly instead. That's what the PNEU originally did.

That helps, thank you!
Mama of 6 (YR 6, YR 4, YR 2, Preschooler, Toddler, and Baby) <3 
Thank you for all your work! It is making it so much more accessible for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our book is here! Donna-Jean 13 11,299 10-18-2023, 05:11 AM
Last Post: heddsomewhere
  Our new book! Donna-Jean 13 12,043 10-13-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Zoo Keeper
  Three updated Plutarch studies on the website AnneWhite 12 50,076 02-01-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Lesleydawn328
  Living Book Press discount code lklivingston 0 6,305 03-25-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Plutarch Revisions are Coming AnneWhite 18 66,245 07-18-2021, 12:10 PM
Last Post: saraclaude
  A New Book Buying Option for AO Users! LeslieNoelani 7 30,597 03-28-2021, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  Extra Plutarch year will be added AnneWhite 7 35,647 09-04-2020, 08:08 AM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  AO Book Bag? AO Coffee Mug? LeslieNoelani 67 910,396 09-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Last Post: BarbaraM