Three updated Plutarch studies on the website
Announcements/Three updated Plutarch studies on the website
January 2023 Note: The links previously provided here went to our old website. Please refer to the AO Plutarch page to access the studies.
Anne White, Southern Ontario
My book page at Amazon
Announcements/RE: Three updated Plutarch studies on the website
I had already printed out the old version of Pericles to use with my 11th grader as an "extra" life for her to read on her own as part of an ancient history stream this year. Would you suggest having her read the children's version that was in the old guide for the sake of time since it is being used more as a history supplement? Or do you think, due to her age, it would be better to have her read North's version in this new guide?
(08-15-2020, 09:16 AM)disciple Wrote: I had already printed out the old version of Pericles to use with my 11th grader as an "extra" life for her to read on her own as part of an ancient history stream this year. Would you suggest having her read the children's version that was in the old guide for the sake of time since it is being used more as a history supplement? Or do you think, due to her age, it would be better to have her read North's version in this new guide?

You know your student best, but I wouldn't think that a children's version would be necessary for an 11th grader. You might also consider having her read one of the newer translations on her own.
Anne White, Southern Ontario
My book page at Amazon
(08-15-2020, 06:40 AM)AnneWhite Wrote: 2022-2023 School Year [2022-2023's Study Guides are New and Updated!]

Term 1: Marcus Brutus (Study Guide with North's textText Only)

Term 2: Pericles (Study Guide with North's textText Only)
Term 3: Fabius (Study Guide with North's textText Only)

These will also be available in book format within the next month or so.

Anne,
First, thank you for all the work you put into these guides. You are a Plutarch life saver for this mama. I printed out two copies for my children to follow for our lessons this year and when I went in, you totally revamped them (wahoo) but I wanted to print out the new guide for Pericles. The font is huge on the page, do you know how I can get it smaller like the older version? I wanted to print out all the lessons for them, but it ends up being close to 100 pages with the larger font. Any suggestions? Thank you!
(08-23-2020, 04:08 AM)CrissyP Wrote: First, thank you for all the work you put into these guides. You are a Plutarch life saver for this mama. I printed out two copies for my children to follow for our lessons this year and when I went in, you totally revamped them (wahoo) but I wanted to print out the new guide for Pericles. The font is huge on the page, do you know how I can get it smaller like the older version? I wanted to print out all the lessons for them, but it ends up being close to 100 pages with the larger font. Any suggestions? Thank you!

We did change the spacing for ALL the pages on the website to make them easier to read from a computer screen, though it should have affected all the pages the same.

Can you paste it to a Word doc and adjust the font from there? (When I pasted the text to Open Office, it was 37 pages before I did any adjusting.)
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 2 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • CrissyP, Subversive Gardener
(08-23-2020, 04:57 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: We did change the spacing for ALL the pages on the website to make them easier to read from a computer screen, though it should have affected all the pages the same.

Can you paste it to a Word doc and adjust the font from there? (When I pasted the text to Open Office, it was 37 pages before I did any adjusting.)

I'm on it. Thank you for your reply. I wasn't sure if I should/could do that. I'll try. Thanks, again!
(08-23-2020, 04:57 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: We did change the spacing for ALL the pages on the website to make them easier to read from a computer screen, though it should have affected all the pages the same.

Worked like a charm! TY TY TY!
The following 1 user Likes CrissyP's post:
  • AnneWhite
(08-23-2020, 08:20 AM)CrissyP Wrote: Worked like a charm! TY TY TY!

I never actually print much of anything from the internet without pasting it into a document so I can set my own font size and not waste ink.

But, for the majority who do, I think the issue on the website is fixed. The settings that were supposed to re-set fonts and things for printing weren't working, but should be now. It may require clearing the cache to get the changes to display in your browser.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 5 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • AnneWhite, Dawn Duran, lklivingston, Subversive Gardener, tonik
Hey ladies! I made character cards for Marcus Brutus & Pericles! We pull out the cards for the people mentioned in each lesson and write anything worth remembering on them. My kids like coloring just the background so they look like marble statues.

Marcus Brutus
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1piFUAWT...sp=sharing

Pericles
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z7D2DB1...sp=sharing
The following 3 users Like Lesleydawn328's post:
  • AnneWhite, kimmykoala, Ozziemama
(08-15-2020, 06:40 AM)AnneWhite Wrote: 2022-2023 School Year [2022-2023's Study Guides are New and Updated!]

Term 1: Marcus Brutus (Study Guide with North's textText Only)

Term 2: Pericles (Study Guide with North's textText Only)
Term 3: Fabius (Study Guide with North's textText Only)

These will also be available in book format within the next month or so.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the links for these keep sending me to a page with a 404 error of page not found. :-(

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Master Booklist lklivingston 144 1,361,394 09-21-2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: sarajmays
  Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” Donna-Jean 21 24,026 09-12-2023, 07:56 AM
Last Post: marianelson
  Website Maintenance Friday, July 21 LeslieNoelani 1 2,853 07-17-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: annebaiel
  Scheduled Website/Forum Maintenance lklivingston 4 10,849 08-12-2022, 01:15 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  A new kind of Plutarch book AnneWhite 25 82,779 09-16-2021, 09:30 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  #ao20years Website Grand Opening lklivingston 16 53,227 07-21-2021, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Educm
  Plutarch Revisions are Coming AnneWhite 18 65,898 07-18-2021, 12:10 PM
Last Post: saraclaude
  Extra Plutarch year will be added AnneWhite 7 35,478 09-04-2020, 08:08 AM
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,396 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
  Website Changes lklivingston 2 16,986 04-28-2020, 11:38 AM
Last Post: etihwnyrhtak