tracking responses to your responses
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/tracking responses to your responses
I discovered that you can track the threads you start under User CP. Can you track at a click the responses you give to others to see if they had a further question? So far I have been going back to the threads to see if there was a response. However, I cannot remember every thread I respond to on the forum. Is that what subscribing to the thread is for?
Thanks, Annette
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: tracking responses to your responses
I'm pretty sure that's what subscribing to a thread does (although I haven't ever done it; I've only just discovered how to subscribe to the forums I co-moderate!)

I think you can also view your own posts in others' threads in your UserCP and go back to those threads to see if there was any response after yours. Would that sort of do the same thing?

You can view the threads you started (your own questions) and your own posts (you answering others' questions).
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: tracking responses to your responses
[quote='LeslieNoelani' pid='11364' dateline='1344955979']

I think you can also view your own posts in others' threads in your UserCP and go back to those threads to see if there was any response after yours. Would that sort of do the same thing?

That is the thing I don't see in the UserCP- a list of the threads I responded to. However, I noticed in the user profile that there is an option called track threads. Now, I wonder how to activate that on a specific thread. I'll go check that out now. [Eureka! I've got it!]
I just saw that if you click on "find" under a post by a user, and if you do this to yourself on some post you made, you get taken to a page that has all your posts (initiated threads and responses to threads). Is that what you had said Leslie?
Thanks, Annette
(08-15-2012, 01:09 AM)Annette W. Wrote: I just saw that if you click on "find" under a post by a user, and if you do this to yourself on some post you made, you get taken to a page that has all your posts (initiated threads and responses to threads). Is that what you had said Leslie?

No, I didn't know we could do that!

If you click UserCP > View Profile (near the bottom of that column on the left)

there's a box that shows:

Total Posts: (Find All Threads — Find All Posts)
Total Likes Given (Find All Liked Threads — Find All Liked Posts)
Total Likes Received (Find All Threads Liked For — Find All Posts Liked For)

If you click Find All Posts, it will pull up a list of all your posts.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Do we have an FAQ with these sorts of marvelous little tricks listed? Do we need one?
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 1 user Likes WendiC's post:
  • NaomiG
when you look at the list that generates when you click on NEW POSTS at the top of the forum...

you will see little icons on the left that look like, oh a piece of paper or some such.
IF there is a grey/black dot on any of those, that means that is a thread you posted to.
That's how i notice.
Then, if i want to follow up, i merely RIGHT CLICK to open in a NEW TAB, the little green arrow directly in front of the thread's Subject Line. it takes me to the next unread post (usually starting from when i posted there previously, unless, of course, i've visited since posting)
Angi... mom to DD9, DD21 (college), and a grown son
Moderating: Volume 1- Home Education, Literature, Hobbies & Fun, & Blogging
(08-15-2012, 12:52 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: I'm pretty sure that's what subscribing to a thread does (although I haven't ever done it; I've only just discovered how to subscribe to the forums I co-moderate!)

Yes, subscribing to a thread makes it easy to track what you've posted to, and you only get one email notification when others respond. When you view that thread, it resets and you will get an email to notify you that people have responded since you last viewed/posted-to the thread.

Forum subscriptions is similar.

If you want to unsubscribe from a thread at any point, there are a few options, but the one I like to use is to scan down to the bottom of the page after I've read the posts, and click "unsubscribe from this thread." Sometimes they change topics and I'm no longer interested in reading; that's when I do this.

HTH
Stephanie  [Heart <3] DS 18
Charlotte Mason Devotees, Since 2004

(08-15-2012, 02:14 AM)Christo et Doctrinae Wrote: Yes, subscribing to a thread makes it easy to track what you've posted to, and you only get one email notification when others respond.

One more thing...

If you go into your User CP and click on "Edit Options" under "User Profile," you are able to choose to set your "Default Thread Subscription Mode:"

There are three options. I have mine set to automatically subscribe me to a thread, but if I post to a thread and don't want to subscribe, I just chose the radio button that reads "Do not subscribe to this thread" instead of the default "Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies."
Stephanie  [Heart <3] DS 18
Charlotte Mason Devotees, Since 2004

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not being notified by email of responses swearingencj 42 50,476 02-22-2017, 04:10 PM
Last Post: dcil2479