Not being notified by email of responses
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Not being notified by email of responses
Is anyone else having this problem? I click the box and in the past have been notified.  I haven't changed my email so I'm not sure what is happening?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Not being notified by email of responses
This is happening for me, also. I'm not getting emails or the notifications from Tapatalk as I have in the past. I double checked to make sure I'm still subscribed to certain threads and forums.
Kay Pelham
Mom of One 20 year old young man (AO Year 0 to 12 graduate, as of May '21), Wife of One well-aged man
www.kaypelham.com
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Not being notified by email of responses
I don't get them either.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
This has been happening to me also for many, many months.
Maria @writingontheposts
DD Y8, DD Y4, DS Y1, and our baby boy
Deuteronomy 6:4-9
I know Phyllis has looked into it for Kathy. We don't have a good answer why it is happening. However, I get my emails regularly....go figure.
I thought mine were getting caught by the spam filter on my email host, but that doesn't seem to be the case. At least, if it's filtering them out, it isn't catching them based on the sending email address.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I wonder if it is being caught at the server level - before it gets to the filters at the inbox. That does happen with some of the various groups I get emails from. I have had to move several email newsletters & such from my TimeWarner email to my Gmail account, though the forum emails get through my Time Warner email just fine.
The following 1 user Likes MelisaH's post:
  • lklivingston
Apparently not, since other emails from the same address reach me. If it's being caught, it's being caught with something other than the sender address. I've checked with my service provider too.
Kathy 
I couldn't figure it out for Kathy. It seemed to me like everything was working on this end, but just not getting through to her. Maybe I can figure something out with a few more of you to work with. Maybe you all have the same internet provider or something else in common?
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
My first request would be for those of you who have a second email address that you can use: please change your forum address to that, and see if emails start coming through.

Kathy's did work with a different email address. Maybe you could even set up a Gmail address, just for forum stuff, and have that forward to your usual account? (Or, if someone is willing for me to do that for her, I would like to test it out.)
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 1 user Likes Phyllis's post:
  • MelisaH

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update your Email lklivingston 0 1,708 06-04-2019, 12:42 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Not receiving email notifications anymore Friederike 8 9,432 03-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Friederike
  Issues with "New Members Email" emails SimmerMom 9 11,796 04-14-2017, 12:26 PM
  Disable email notification? EngliscMum 2 3,610 05-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Last Post: EngliscMum
  instant email notification not working robeliken 6 7,349 11-23-2013, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Celeste
  Suggestions for email support broccolimama 1 2,706 08-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Can I email forums or threads? islavet 10 12,094 08-26-2012, 09:24 PM
  tracking responses to your responses Annette W. 8 9,569 08-15-2012, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Christo et Doctrinae
  eMail Alerts Christo et Doctrinae 0 1,500 08-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Christo et Doctrinae
  links back to threads in email not working today? Lani 11 14,702 08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Last Post: NaomiG