told I cannot access a thread?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/told I cannot access a thread?
Hello!
I subscribed to the "Music" forum, and today got an email informing that there was a new thread. In the email it provides an URL to click on to go to that thread. When I clicked on this, I got the following message telling me I could not access the page. I copied the message I got, here it is:

"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'MelindaB' "

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong, or have I got something set up incorrectly?

Thanks so much!
Melinda
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: told I cannot access a thread?
It could be because we're in the midst of switching servers, so things have been a little weird for the past few hours. Or it could be that someone posted and then deleted their post before you got to it. Did you go to the Music forum and see what's there?
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Melinda, this post was moved by a moderator. You have done nothing wrong!
Jeanne in Australia
A Peaceful Day
Ah, I understand now. I think it was advertising something. Now I know what the error message looks like. Thanks so much for your help! You AO Techie Ladies ROCK! ;-)
Melinda
I got the same message yesterday when I tried to reply on 2 messages on Amble Ramble. One was the Homosexual mormon article , don't remember the other.What is going on? Thanks Friederike
Friederike,

If the post was in the Hot Topics area (which I think the Mormon one is) then you have read only access still since you have not yet been an active poster on the forum.
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
(10-14-2012, 06:13 AM)Lani Wrote: Friederike,

If the post was in the Hot Topics area (which I think the Mormon one is)

That one is in the Hot Topics area.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Access to working and single parents Friederike 1 1,271 02-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: MaryEllen
  Access to private forums Elijah and Dad 2 3,597 10-03-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,317 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  I can't access the teen forums anymore unavalible_username 20 24,645 01-14-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Barb Gifford
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,515 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? laurens 10 13,918 08-12-2022, 10:41 PM
Last Post: audreygreer
  missing Like button on hot topics thread JoyH 9 11,958 12-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Last Post: JoyH
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 28,829 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Can't access a thread Mamatango6 18 21,710 04-15-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: WendiC
  Change name of thread? amy.fischer 2 4,122 09-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: amy.fischer