Minor Issue with Term Charts on Main Site
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Minor Issue with Term Charts on Main Site
This is a very minor issue but I thought I would let you know about it. :)

When I go to print out the term charts from the pdf, not all of the vertical lines between each week print.
Karen :)
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Minor Issue with Term Charts on Main Site
(11-13-2014, 09:20 AM)SimplyKaren Wrote: This is a very minor issue but I thought I would let you know about it. :)

When I go to print out the term charts from the pdf, not all of the vertical lines between each week print.

Ooops sorry...I said pdf...it's actually the Word document for the two years we're doing this year (Year 1 and Year 11) that I downloaded that isn't printing all the vertical lines. Sorry about that!
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Minor Issue with Term Charts on Main Site
Hmmm - I wonder if it is a compatibility type of issue (between document, printer, etc.). I just downloaded and printed Year 1's Doc and there are no line issues in it. Strange.
(11-14-2014, 01:50 AM)MelisaH Wrote: Hmmm - I wonder if it is a compatibility type of issue (between document, printer, etc.). I just downloaded and printed Year 1's Doc and there are no line issues in it. Strange.

That's interesting. I'm thinking it's probably not a printer issue as I've used two different printers and it does the same. Hmmm...interesting. I'm going to download the pdf and see how that prints. :)
Okay, the pdf printed out just fine. So that rules out printer issues I would say. So I'm thinking something with Word maybe. Hmmm....I'll talk with my hubby and see if he might be able to see why the Word document is not printing all the lines. The weird thing is that it's doing that for both the years I printed out - both Year 1 and Year 11.
I just now tried the ODT file and it printed fine too. This is weird. [Huh??]
Hubby helped me troubleshoot the problem. We figured out that even though the lines were showing up on my screen in the DOC document (but not printing out), I had to go in and still put in the lines. Once I did that, it printed all the lines. :)
(11-14-2014, 02:25 AM)SimplyKaren Wrote: Okay, the pdf printed out just fine. So that rules out printer issues I would say. So I'm thinking something with Word maybe. Hmmm....I'll talk with my hubby and see if he might be able to see why the Word document is not printing all the lines. The weird thing is that it's doing that for both the years I printed out - both Year 1 and Year 11.

That is what makes me think there is a compatibility issue of some sort (maybe a format issue in the document or maybe the driver? - I am reaching here). All 3 print out just fine for me.

So, it is only the DOC version that is being strange for you then? Huh. I am going to ask my hubby about it as well. He may have some insight.
What version of Word do you have?
(11-14-2014, 02:28 AM)SimplyKaren Wrote: I just now tried the ODT file and it printed fine too. This is weird. [Huh??]

I've inherited the job of editing the chart files, and I don't have Word (because my computer is Linux, not Windows). I only have Libre Office, which works with odt files (though it can export as "Word" docs). I'm not sure there's much I can do about missing lines in the Word version.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble downloading editable charts lklivingston 5 7,397 08-03-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Problems searching the AO site Barb Gifford 47 56,602 08-14-2022, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Printing from new site smoses9239 12 15,608 07-31-2021, 10:04 AM
Last Post: smoses9239
  Extra Columns in Y5, 6, and 7 Charts Ijohnson615 1 2,903 07-17-2021, 12:08 AM
  trouble editing ODT schedule charts CottageSchool 2 3,986 07-14-2020, 04:01 AM
Last Post: CottageSchool
  Curriculum site issue; Menus in Header Mscott07 9 11,962 06-24-2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Term 2 AO7 Joan of Arc Umjamila 1 2,805 05-01-2020, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Friederike
  Sidebars on site don't want to show in Safari Te-ge 0 1,740 04-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Te-ge
Shocked Site not found error?? Mommychickadee 10 11,091 08-30-2017, 10:46 PM
Last Post: ARB
  word doc year 1 term chart won't open mrsjroderick 11 13,577 06-05-2017, 12:21 PM