Font changes
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Font changes
It's only happening on the older devices because they don't have the upgrades. When I delete a sentence my device can't keep up with the loading of the forum as it changes rapidly. So then it blacks out. The old device is an iPod touch 4 I think. I don't see any way for you all to fix that because the blacking out problem is on my end; it also happens on sites with lots of ads. The reason I asked about correcting the copy and paste thing is because that's happening on the new devices I am able to use, and it's also happening for other ppl on Tapatalk. If it can't be remedied I'll figure out a way around it. For me it just means that my sentences will be even less grammatically correct, tenses might never agree and I may never actually answer OP's original question. Lol. Those are all the things I edit out when I can. Again, I know you all have more pressing concerns than this. Thank you for the consideration you've already given to me and my pouting.
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys, (Y8 and Y5) all of whom are more precious than gold.
(01-21-2015, 07:12 AM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: It's only happening on the older devices because they don't have the upgrades. When I delete a sentence my device can't keep up with the loading of the forum as it changes rapidly. So then it blacks out. The old device is an iPod touch 4 I think. I don't see any way for you all to fix that because the blacking out problem is on my end; it also happens on sites with lots of ads. The reason I asked about correcting the copy and paste thing is because that's happening on the new devices I am able to use, and it's also happening for other ppl on Tapatalk. If it can't be remedied I'll figure out a way around it. For me it just means that my sentences will be even less grammatically correct, tenses might never agree and I may never actually answer OP's original question. Lol. Those are all the things I edit out when I can. Again, I know you all have more pressing concerns than this. Thank you for the consideration you've already given to me and my pouting.

While we can look at things, it may not necessarily be something that we can actually fix or change a setting.

It may be an incompatibility with the newer version of MyBB on the users devices or it could be a bug in the updates.

We already know of one bug that may or may not be related to this that MyBB knows about, but they are still working fixing it (which, when that happens, another update will be done...which should not be as dramatic and time consuming on our end during and afterwards). That fix could be a while in coming. We just don't know.

Those of us digging around behind the scenes are looking (and have not yet given up). ;)
The following 1 user Likes MelisaH's post:
  • Primeperiwinkle
Thank you!
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys, (Y8 and Y5) all of whom are more precious than gold.
(01-21-2015, 07:12 AM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: It's only happening on the older devices because they don't have the upgrades. When I delete a sentence my device can't keep up with the loading of the forum as it changes rapidly. So then it blacks out. The old device is an iPod touch 4 I think

Is this only happening on "i" devices or is it other platforms as well? We are trying to narrow the problem down to see if it is related to one kind of device.
Katie, I'm going to set source mode as the default for your account. If that causes problems for you, I can easily change it back. But, if possible, please give it a try.

(And if you're stuck on the forum, I assume you can still email? You can write to me at fylliska@gmail.com, if you need to.)
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 1 user Likes Phyllis's post:
  • lklivingston
I got a special change for just me?? Awww! I hope this works. Sorry for the late response btw, I missed this earlier.

ETA: The above was copied and pasted. [cheesy grin]
Katie
It worked!!!!!! It worked!!!!! YAYAYAY!! I will check from other devices later as soon as I can get to them. I'm so excited!!! Hallelujah!!

You guys have no idea how much I edit my posts!! I feel like I can talk
again!!! Thank you SO much!!!
Katie
The following 1 user Likes Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • laurke
You're welcome!

If anyone else wants to do this (or if Katie wants to undo it), go to your User CP and choose Edit Options in the sidebar. Select "Put the editor in source mode by default" and save.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 2 users Like Phyllis's post:
  • lklivingston, Primeperiwinkle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Font Colour jane5ok 20 24,510 08-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Font Size Increased? Christo et Doctrinae 3 4,785 08-14-2012, 04:49 AM
Last Post: Christo et Doctrinae