Short Cuts When Typing in Source Mode
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Short Cuts When Typing in Source Mode
I made a terrific little discovery for those who like to type in source mode. However, it turns out to not be that amazing...you know the feeling of learning something new only to find out everyone else already knows...

"ctrl + b" automatically inserts the syntax for bold.

"ctrl + i" automatically inserts the syntax for italics.

"ctrl + u" automatically inserts the syntax for underline.

I was on the verge of assuming I was an absolute genius when I realized that information is right there for all to see by simply hovering over the B, I, or U in the toolbar.

Oh well...not only am I not a genius but I have now also put on display my total lack of attention and observation.

Despite all this, I made the decision to continue on with this thread for the few out there who may also be unaware of these nifty shortcuts.
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
The following 3 users Like Dawn Rhymer's post:
  • LeslieNoelani, NorthLaurel, Subversive Gardener
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Short Cuts When Typing in Source Mode
You're right!! That does work!

I wondered what would happen if I hovered over the little picture of the Lego, and it said, "brick."
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 2 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Dawn Rhymer, MelisaH
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Short Cuts When Typing in Source Mode
Well, I didn't know that trick. And what is the Lego brick for? Lol
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
Brick  Brick  Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Short Cuts When Typing in Source Mode
^^ To amuse us. [cheesy grin]
The following 2 users Like MelisaH's post:
  • Dawn Rhymer, Subversive Gardener

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum typing question CrazyMama 6 8,423 04-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Last Post: hadmason
  Being logged out while typing a reply Stephanieinar 13 16,389 10-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Stephanieinar