Changed password; keep having to sign in!
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Changed password; keep having to sign in!
I changed my password last weekend. I was out of town and needed to use my parent's computer, but couldn't remember my password. So, I changed it. But now, each day when I turn on my computer and go to the forum, it says I'm not logged in. Same thing with my phone. How do I stay logged in? (on the other hand, I'm very familiar with my password now...) Thanks!!
Niki in mid-TN  [Coffee, Neelix. Black.]
2022.2023:  ds16 (Y11)dd18 (Graduated - off to college!)
Using AO since the beginning!
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Changed password; keep having to sign in!
That sounds like something in your computer, not the forum. Something with the cookies settings? Are you allowing cookies? Other than that, do make sure that you check the box for "Remember me" is checked when you log in.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 2 users Like Phyllis's post:
  • lklivingston, MelisaH
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Changed password; keep having to sign in!
Are the cookies sugar or chocolate chip? Because I prefer chocolate chip. Just kidding. I've heard of cookies and computers but couldn't explain them! Am I supposed to allow cookies? Also, I just logged in and there wasn't a "remember me" box. This didn't happen until I was away and changed my password on a different computer. Maybe if I change my password again on this computer it will keep me logged in??

Thanks for any help.  ;)
What browser are you using?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Google chrome. 
So, when you login on Chrome, do you get this for login?

The following 1 user Likes MelisaH's post:
  • lklivingston
Melisa, I'll check in the morning. I've shut down my computer for the night and the picture is blurry on my phone. Thanks!! Y'all are all so sweet to help me troubleshoot this!!  [balloon smilie]
(10-05-2015, 12:28 PM)MelisaH Wrote: So, when you login on Chrome, do you get this for login?

No, it does not have the "remember me" box...
So, where could it be? [Huh??] Melisa's picture looks just like what I see when I login with Chrome. Is the page loading all the way for you? Do you have a decent internet connection?
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Well, I have the problem corrected!!  [Whoopee! smilie] Although, I don't know why... I logged out of the forum using the "log out" option. Then when I clicked "log in," it pulled up the little window Melisa had the picture of (and the rest of my screen was grayed out). This little box had the "remember me" box. I logged in this way, closed the internet and rebooted my computer. When I went back to the forum, it opened right up! And I checked my i-phone and it saved it there too without having to log in.

For some reason, when I was logging in before, I was on a big page that had spaces to log in directly on it (I'm not sure if I'm explaining this correctly...). Anyway it works now!

Thanks to you all!
The following 1 user Likes nctmcalister's post:
  • MelisaH

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tapatalk sign in Phyllis 2 3,730 10-10-2017, 01:02 AM
Last Post: Carahorn
  Password reset informal survey Phyllis 5 7,090 06-29-2017, 05:43 AM
Last Post: Mariel
  My forum password? KathyM 2 3,347 05-16-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: KathyM
  Change password Garimbnegev 3 4,771 12-15-2016, 05:48 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  The little plus sign HeatherEllen 3 5,229 12-01-2015, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Farm Girl
  how do I change password Lovemyboyzz 2 3,403 06-12-2015, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Lovemyboyzz
  Nevermind: Technical Forum Changes: Nothing Has Changed Dawn Rhymer 22 25,481 11-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Last Post: laurke