2016 Conference - What to Bring
Announcements/2016 Conference - What to Bring
We'll have more substantive information about what to bring soon, but for now, feel free to bring something to share at the fair!

[Image: 12513897_1400336413325745_3650959303202202159_o.jpg]
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • Javamom
Announcements/RE: 2016 Conference - What to Bring
Do you mind if I share this graphic on my FB page for my local CM friends?

Kim in N. TX
Kim Neve  [Leave me alone. I'm reading.] Museum Docent & archivist, CM/PUO/AO oldtimer, mom of 4 adults in their 20's, founder of the current Frisco, TX CM-Bookclub~early 2000's (retired facilitator), High School Spanish teacher & tutor

The following 2 users Like Javamom's post:
  • lklivingston, WendiC
(04-16-2016, 03:32 AM)Javamom Wrote: Do you mind if I share this graphic on my FB page for my local CM friends?

Kim in N. TX

Please do!!
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 1 user Likes WendiC's post:
  • Javamom
Lakeview asked us to pass along these rules:

911 Calls: If a guest dials 911 from a LCRC telephone with a non-emergency or hang up, the Ellis County Emergency Department may charge us a fee.

Guest Vehicles: Please make sure to park only in designated parking areas. For the safety of all guests, please be sure all guests in your group observe our 15 MPH speed limit.

Wristbands: LCRC requires guests to wear wristbands while present at our facilities. Color-coded wristbands will be issued to the leaders at check-in. In addition to providing safety and the ability to identify your group members, it is your facility, lodging meal and recreation pass. Please be sure all your guests wear their wristbands.

Tobacco Free and Alcohol Free Facility: Tobacco and alcohol are prohibited on the LCRC campus. Please be sure all
of your guests are aware of this policy before arriving at Lakeview. Any smoking will result in a $200 fine per room.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • phoebebopeep, WiMc
Here is the schedule for each day:
http://www.amblesideonline.org/2016Confe...l#schedule

The Deep in the Heart of AO conference is almost here!  Time to start thinking about what to pack.
If you are staying onsite, Lakeview says bring your own:
shampoo
conditioner
body wash
soap
hair dryer

NOTE: Irons and Ironing boards are provided in each lodge in the closets in the downstairs hallways. Ice machines are located in the breezeways of each lodge.

Lakeview has no washing machines for our use.

For everyone, we suggest:
snacks which will not melt in the Texas heat, possibly bottled water or other drinks (nonalcoholic)
smiling faces
sample notebooks, schedules, drawings, or other items you would like to display at our 'faire' (we cannot be responsible for lost items)
cash for books (we'll only have a few for sale)
notebook for taking notes or sketching
comfortable clothes
handkerchiefs or tissues, because there will be tears
comfortable shoes
sunscreen
sunhat
insect repellent
umbrella (depending on the forecast; there will be walking outside from building to building)
light wrap/sweater:  there will be air conditioning, & we can't control the thermostat

The current forecast shows high temperatures in the mid-80’s, lows in the 60’s, and the possibility of rain.
Kathy 
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • phoebebopeep, WiMc
Looks like this is the better place to post this:

On the list of things to bring it mentions bottled water. Any more details on what the drinking water situation is? I drink from the tap at home, but I know not all places in the country do that. We were hoping to just bring carry-ons (don't even know that I can bring unopened bottles in taht) and not sure yet we will have a way to get to a store. But, I'm going to need lots of fills of the water bottle[Image: smiley.gif]
Jenny
Y11, Y9, Y6, Y3, Y1
Announcements/2016 Conference - What to Bring
(05-17-2016, 03:02 AM)jbg1131 Wrote: Looks like this is the better place to post this:

On the list of things to bring it mentions bottled water. Any more details on what the drinking water situation is? I drink from the tap at home, but I know not all places in the country do that. We were hoping to just bring carry-ons (don't even know that I can bring unopened bottles in taht) and not sure yet we will have a way to get to a store. But, I'm going to need lots of fills of the water bottle[Image: smiley.gif]

I can bring some cases of bottled water if that would be helpful and allowed - since we are driving.
Mom to one DD, Y4
Louisiana, U.S.A.

“If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

I am sure we will have plenty of drinks. Sorry! I think maybe Wendi meant that if you want particular drinks, you should bring them. But there's no need to! We didn't intend to indicate you should bring a case of water on the plane.
Kathy 
The following 3 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • LeslieNoelani, phoebebopeep, Purposeful Abnegation
Is it okay to bring a coffee pot for your room? I saw this discussed but I can't find where it was forbidden or allowed. Thank you.
Mom to one DD, Y4
Louisiana, U.S.A.

“If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

I don't know. :-(
Kathy 
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • phoebebopeep

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Third conference plenary AO Forum 8 107,832 03-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Meshelle911
  Christmas Break 2016 lklivingston 7 112,236 02-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Heivices
  Conference Resources (notes & things promised at the Heart of AO Conf 2016) NaomiG 26 366,185 08-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Next conference plenary (extra special!) AO Forum 10 140,396 07-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Peacefully Buzzing
  Conference audio! AO Forum 28 356,368 07-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: islavet
  Second conference plenary! AO Forum 24 308,095 07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Folksongs 2016-2017 lklivingston 4 70,189 06-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! WendiC 517 6,293,028 05-27-2016, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Sendy_Green
  Conference scholarships! WendiC 11 152,792 05-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Last Post: mcsorleyfam
  Conference Deadline is Tomorrow, Apr 24 LeslieNoelani 4 68,263 05-05-2016, 05:54 AM
Last Post: Sudlow