Year 9 Science
Announcements/Year 9 Science
I will be testing year 9 science with my oldest this year. I've ordered most of the books. I don't have any science background but I'd be willing to give whatever input I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndysJess...wife to my guy and mama to my 5 - Drew (yr 8), Dylan (yr 4), Cullen (yr 2), Avery (yr 2), Sawyer (age 5)
Announcements/RE: Year 9 Science
I'd like to offer my help. Alas, I have one in 12 and one in 7, so although I can preview read some stuff, I'm not really able to test drive it for you (yet ;) )
That being said, I'm more than willing to help any way I can!
~Rachel~

Homeschooling Mum to DS-13 and DD-9
(09-12-2016, 10:01 AM)Andysjess Wrote: I will be testing year 9 science with my oldest this year. I've ordered most of the books. I don't have any science background but I'd be willing to give whatever input I can.

Most AO moms don't have a science background, and it's just as useful to know whether their students are able to learn from the books. Sometimes experts are so advanced that they can't teach because they can't explain well. So your feedback is very necessary!
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
I have a year 9 daughter and might be interested in helping review books. But we just started school today, and it would mean re-doing everything I already had planned for science, lol. But I suppose if there is a good time to do that, now is it. I also have two questions though:

If my child never did First Studies in Plant Life or Signs and Season in the earlier years, would anyone recommend just picking up the latter halves of the books as scheduled, without having done the earlier? Or starting from the beginning and maybe spreading them out over the 4 years? Just looking for some. I've started both books with my current YR 7 daughter, so I DO own them now, whereas before I did not.

I thought that Jeanne Webb was part of the curriculum development, and I also thought she had used The Private Life of Plants for HER dd's yr 9, but I don't see it listed here. I realize this list is not final, but I was just wondering if that one was vetoed altogether, or if it will be an option, or - ? I do own it, so if it is another one that needs reviewing, I can do that too. Anyway, thanks for all the hard work!
California girl living in Carolina, married to Adam, mama to 7 children in years 11 to 1. @bibliobites on Instagram

~Do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God; Micah 6:8
No background in the sciences and we're doing year 8 this year, not 9, but I could utilize several of these for my mother culture studies this year and help with those.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

I am a veterinarian and would love to help. (My kids are in Y1 and Y3.)
(09-13-2016, 05:55 AM)MamaMahnken Wrote: If my child never did First Studies in Plant Life or Signs and Season in the earlier years, would anyone recommend just picking up the latter halves of the books as scheduled, without having done the earlier? Or starting from the beginning and maybe spreading them out over the 4 years? Just looking for some. I've started both books with my current YR 7 daughter, so I DO own them now, whereas before I did not.  

Start from the beginning, especially for Signs & Seasons. Not sure how long you'd want to spread them out - depends what else your DC has going on.
The following 1 user Likes verkom's post:
  • MamaMahnken
Not ready to help with evaluating, but will work from this list. :)
Jodi [Coffee, Neelix. Black.]
Mama to two boys, ages 18 (Y10/11) and 14 (Y6/7).
I'd be happy to help preread and review...I'm an pediatric nurse by trade, so I'm pretty familiar with science and biology.  Chemistry was never my strongest class, but I have a deep love for biology!  My kids are all Y0, so I've got a couple years until we are really serious about homeschooling.
Momma to a four year old girl, two year old girl and little boy born February 2016.  Living life in rural Nebraska on a cattle farm!!!
Announcements/Year 9 Science
When can we expect the private forum to be up and running? I have lots of scheduling questions!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndysJess...wife to my guy and mama to my 5 - Drew (yr 8), Dylan (yr 4), Cullen (yr 2), Avery (yr 2), Sawyer (age 5)
The following 1 user Likes Andysjess's post:
  • Purposeful Abnegation

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Bible & Science Changes Donna-Jean 37 52,673 04-05-2023, 04:34 AM
Last Post: Mariel
  Folk Songs for the 2021-22 year!!! WendiC 10 36,376 08-11-2021, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Lani
  Folksongs for term 2 of the 2020-2021 Year WendiC 5 26,450 06-09-2021, 10:54 PM
Last Post: busyncmama
  Extra Plutarch year will be added AnneWhite 7 35,476 09-04-2020, 08:08 AM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Folksongs for term 1, 2020/21 year WendiC 1 14,371 08-06-2020, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Genial
  Year 8 Napoleon's Buttons lklivingston 9 107,255 08-02-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: verkom
  Year 1 Guidebook lklivingston 4 25,970 07-16-2020, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Saejstrobel
  Year 6 Bible Change lklivingston 0 12,896 10-16-2019, 07:55 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Year 7 Free Read Change lklivingston 10 139,004 04-17-2019, 03:00 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Year 9 Booklist and Schedule Change lklivingston 13 176,840 09-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Last Post: mama2lots