How do you modify chart schedules?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/How do you modify chart schedules?
Please forgive me if this is totally obvious, but my brain seems to be on vacation somewhere without me this week.  How do I download the 36 week chart schedules in a way that I can modify them? For example, moving things around or adding check boxes.
Choose the DOC or ODT file type. [Image: 055a541ad1e18e5f25a2f8c0743d8270.png]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mary Frances
mom to David (Age 17, YR11), Grant (Age 14, YR8) and Lucy (Age 13, YR8) and Ella (Age 6, YR 1)
The following 1 user Likes MaryFrances's post:
  • lklivingston
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: How do you modify chart schedules?
After you save that downloaded file to your computer, it should be editable. You may first have to take another step by clicking on Enable Editing, if you choose the DOC version, to take it out of "Protected View". After that you can save it with any file name you want.
____
Years 12, 10 and 7 with my boys - AO from the start

The following 1 user Likes HillaryJ's post:
  • lklivingston
(11-19-2016, 10:17 AM)Rsarahc Wrote: Please forgive me if this is totally obvious, but my brain seems to be on vacation somewhere without me this week.  How do I download the 36 week chart schedules in a way that I can modify them? For example, moving things around or adding check boxes.

I download the PDF chart to the Notability app (this cost about $5 when I bought it a few years ago).  Any book that I won't be using is "written over" with the thick "pencil" option in  white.  I write in any subs in the now blank white space with the thin "pencil" option in black.  When a reading is complete, I mark over the box for that week with a colored dot using the highlighter option.  I also use the pencil to write in the specific composer, artist, hymns, math program lesson numbers, and any other weekly/daily subject info in the appropriate line one the 2nd page of each term's PDF page.  I then print a copy for my children's reference.  They mark off each week's completed assignments and I save it in their records.
ds 10 and dd 8
(11-19-2016, 01:19 PM)HillaryJ Wrote: After you save that downloaded file to your computer, it should be editable. You may first have to take another step by clicking on Enable Editing, if you choose the DOC version, to take it out of "Protected View". After that you can save it with any file name you want.

This seems much easier than my way!  I use a tablet instead of computer for editing, but will try this next year if it works on a tablet.
ds 10 and dd 8
(11-19-2016, 02:03 PM)teaching2 Wrote: This seems much easier than my way!  I use a tablet instead of computer for editing, but will try this next year if it works on a tablet.

I am able to do this on my phone once I've loaded them to Google Drive.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • phoebebopeep, teaching2
Thank you so much!
The following 1 user Likes Rsarahc's post:
  • megsters
Hi everyone,
When I upload the DOC file to Google Drive, it changes it so that the page break cuts off the last few lines. Any ideas? I'm not very tech-savvy, but I'd like to edit the doc myself!
(07-21-2017, 12:12 PM)Rpryor Wrote: Hi everyone,
When I upload the DOC file to Google Drive, it changes it so that the page break cuts off the last few lines. Any ideas? I'm not very tech-savvy, but I'd like to edit the doc myself!

Is the font defaulting to a different size, or the columns not staying the same width? I'd download in Doc and edit in Word instead of Drive if you can't wiggle stuff around to make it fit right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble Downloading Schedules malonelca 6 7,225 07-13-2021, 09:59 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Year 4 Weekly chart Colleen JK 1 2,658 06-25-2021, 09:51 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Understanding Weekly Schedules SamaraBradford 13 15,608 04-19-2021, 12:32 AM
Last Post: MaryEllen
  yahoo group: AO-Member-Schedules MichelleDee 2 4,300 06-20-2018, 11:33 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  Y2 chart jonnanixon 12 14,428 08-21-2017, 06:51 AM
Last Post: jonnanixon
  Y2 Chart problem Rpryor 1 2,671 07-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  word doc year 1 term chart won't open mrsjroderick 11 13,097 06-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  My tweaks to 36-week schedules.... Jenn in CA 8 10,169 06-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Jenn in CA
Shocked Year 5 chart/schedule error... FIXED :) Linz{at}home 12 15,775 08-12-2013, 03:44 AM
Last Post: amy in peru