New Members: Help Us Test an Email Project!
Announcements/New Members: Help Us Test an Email Project!
ARE YOU NEW to AO and/or CM? Would you like to help us test a new project by taking a crash course in CM?

1. WHO CAN DO THIS? All AO moms are welcome. This is specifically for new moms, but any of our friends are welcome to check it out and give us feedback. :-)

2. WHAT'S REQUIRED? For this part of the project, you need to join the AO Forum, since the beta testing will only be happening there.

3. HOW DOES IT WORK? Every couple of days, a new topic will be posted in a specific area of the forum. It will be brief.

4. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO? All you have to do is read it. That's all. If you want to give feedback, ask questions, talk about it, that is more than welcome, but you are only obligated to read the new posts as they get posted.

5. WHEN IS THIS HAPPENING? The very first topic will be posted tomorrow -- Monday! But you can catch up if you join after it's already been posted.

5. CAN YOU TELL ME MORE? There are 36 of these topics -- the eventual plan is to email these out once a week to moms who are in their first year of using AO. We know homeschooling can be overwhelming, learning about CM can be an intimidating prospect, and AO itself can seem daunting. We're hoping to ease a new mom's first year with some encouragement and a very basic but gentle introduction to CM.

6. HOW DO I GET IN ON THIS? Check out the newest part of the AO forum -- we're calling it "The Patio," because it's a comfortable place for brand new AO users who are unsure where to go in the regular forum, hesitant to post for fear of posting in the wrong place, wondering if their question will seem dumb. We're inviting them to our Patio, where they can check things out without committing to come all the way in to the rest of "the house."
The Patio area of our forum is at https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumd...hp?fid=100
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Announcements/RE: New Members: Help Us Test an Email Project!
I wouldn't mind testing it out even though I'm not new. I learn more & more each year, and this might help fill in a gap I didn't even know I missed :o).
Jessie (Y12, Y9, Y6, Y3, Y0 - can't quite bring myself to use pink)
The following 2 users Like Jeff's Jessie's post:
  • Amy Bodkin, phoebebopeep
Would love to learn more!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I can't seem to reach the Front Porch through the link via Tapatalk, but I will try on the computer.

I love your new ideas and project. Another amazing way to serve moms. Thank you so much.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Mom to one DD, Y4
Louisiana, U.S.A.

“If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

The following 1 user Likes phoebebopeep's post:
  • Mellissa
I'm interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It came up on the computer. :-)
Mom to one DD, Y4
Louisiana, U.S.A.

“If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

Yes please!

So I'm not really new, but we will start our first Year 1 in July. May I participate? I've been silent on the forums for a LONG time and I'm ready to jump back in!

Meghan - DS6.5 Y1ishDS4.5, DD1.5
Be thankful. Give thanks. Live thankfully. http://www.mathairfiona.wordpress.com
The following 7 users Like MathairFiona's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines, COMama, harpstka, helen, Janice, MaryFrances, phoebebopeep
So I subscribed to the Patio Forum - is that all I need to do?
Aussie Mum of four; trusting God - "for in my need, His power is displayed." Youngest is AO1 in 2020
The following 2 users Like BecTasmanian's post:
  • Mellissa, Natilla
In my second year, but I have so much to learn, so I'd like to participate!
-Lori
J (12 for a few more days) and N (11). True peace is not merely the absence of some negative force - tension, confusion or war; it is the presence of some positive force - justice, good will and brotherhood.  Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Email Maintenance lklivingston 2 8,363 07-25-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Email Difficulties lklivingston 5 15,251 07-03-2022, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Contact Email lklivingston 0 6,351 01-06-2022, 09:45 AM
  Forum Email lklivingston 0 24,508 03-17-2017, 02:14 PM