AO 2.0 is On Its Way
Announcements/RE: AO 2.0
WHAAAT. This is outstanding!!! Amazing, over-the-top, AWESOME. So looking forward to see how it's all laid out. Fantastic. Thank you so much.
Monique in Peru  
Sweetpea 8/AO Yr 0
The following 4 users Like moflowers's post:
  • Amanda Hall, HelenaBooks, MrsH, Zoo Keeper
If one were to use the AO 2.0 plans in a Cottage school or tutorial type situation, whether online or in person, could tuition be charged for that instruction? Would those services have to be free to be in compliance with the copyright policy?
Jami--Three AO Grads; now doing Year 9 with my youngest. 
The following 2 users Like JMarstall's post:
  • Amanda Hall, Subversive Gardener
(06-21-2017, 12:29 AM)JMarstall Wrote: If one were to use the AO 2.0 plans in a Cottage school or tutorial type situation, whether online or in person, could tuition be charged for that instruction? Would those services have to be free to be in compliance with the copyright policy?

You could charge -- but it would have to be clear to everyone involved (all the parents and staff) that the curriculum is something online that they could use on their own if they wanted to. There couldn't be a curriculum fee.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
(06-21-2017, 12:58 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: You could charge -- but it would have to be clear to everyone involved (all the parents and staff) that the curriculum is something online that they could use on their own if they wanted to. There couldn't be a curriculum fee.

How close is Ambleside 2.0 to launch?  I've purchased books for Year 4 for fall and begun prepping.  I'll have Year 4, Year 2 (these I already own), and Year 0 next fall with toddling twins on the end.  I'm eager to see how the history cycling is handled.   In addition we do have a CM coop meeting tomorrow night here in Asheville, NC where we will discuss books to do on a bimonthly schedule with Form II students.  Several Mom' are investigating the Alveary.  Is it possible to see a sneak peak for the sake of planning?  Thanks!
(06-21-2017, 01:13 AM)rnking Wrote: Is it possible to see a sneak peak for the sake of planning?  Thanks!

I can say this much: AO 2.0 is pulled out of AO, so (with one or two exceptions), if you have books for AO Years 1-8, you have all the books you'd need for AO 2.0. You'll have more than you need, because AO 2.0 is scaled back and lighter.

Form I (grades 1-3) cycles through 55 BC-1660, Form II (grades 4-6) cycles through 1640-present with a couple of terms in ancient history, and Form III (grades 7-8 or 9) cycles through 55 BC-1688.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
This is exciting, but... just curious if that is the final name? Only because it does remind me of a software upgrade where the 2.0 replaces the original.
Jessie (Y12, Y9, Y6, Y3, Y0 - can't quite bring myself to use pink)
The following 3 users Like Jeff's Jessie's post:
  • amberkever, Amy Jo Hines, thefinchnest
Yes, that's its name. But it's not replacing anything -- we still consider regular AO the gold standard, and it's not going anywhere.
The following 3 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Amanda Hall, Dawn Duran, Goldendays
(06-22-2017, 01:29 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: Yes, that's its name. But it's not replacing anything -- we still consider regular AO the gold standard, and it's not going anywhere.

Oops.  I was too shy to actually post that and I thought I deleted it.
Jessie (Y12, Y9, Y6, Y3, Y0 - can't quite bring myself to use pink)
The following 2 users Like Jeff's Jessie's post:
  • Amanda Hall, amberkever
I'm so excited about this! Thank you sooooo much!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Mother to 2 girls born in 2010 (year 0) and 2012. New to Homeschooling. Very new to Charlotte Mason.
The following 1 user Likes cryssie's post:
  • Amanda Hall
I'm so looking forward to this!! It would be very cool to see how this could work in a co-op with other families!
DD11, DS10. Blog: Charlotte Mason Geek
*Kids enrolled in charter school for family reasons! Still using CM methods to help with homework, summer reading & activities, and as supplements to regular lessons.*  [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]
The following 1 user Likes Mommychickadee's post:
  • Amanda Hall