Site not found error??
Shocked  Shocked  Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Site not found error??
This weird thing keeps happening to me. When I type "amblesideonline.org" into my browser address window, it doesn't load properly the first time. For some reason, an extra "/" with five randomized capital letters get added onto the URL, and a message appears saying "Site not found" showing the wrong HTML address (with the added part).  If I re-type "amblesideonline.org" into the address window, it pops up the site like usual, but I always have to enter it in a second time! This just started maybe a week or two ago? I use Google, and I haven't tried it on a different browser, but I was wondering if I'm the only one this is happening to?
DD11, DS10. Blog: Charlotte Mason Geek
*Kids enrolled in charter school for family reasons! Still using CM methods to help with homework, summer reading & activities, and as supplements to regular lessons.*  [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Site not found error??
You know what it is? I think I am in the habit of typing "amblesideonline.COM", and when I do that, it pops up that error. When I go to retype it, my browser history kicks in and offers up "amblesideonline.ORG." When I click that, it works just fine.

Well, I feel silly, but just in case it happens to anyone else, there you go. LOL
*Kids enrolled in charter school for family reasons! Still using CM methods to help with homework, summer reading & activities, and as supplements to regular lessons.*  [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]
I just typed amblesideonline into my google search, and amblesideonline.org. Both times it directed me to amblesideonline.org. I think the .com address should re-direct to the .org one (because I think we own that domain).
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
You should be able to delete autofill urls you don't want. There should be an edit option under autofill. There are also some similarly named sites that are NOT what I am looking for when I type in a url for some stores we shop at. I had to purge my mail program because there were a lot of people i never met showing up from bulk emails I get from relatives warning about various scams... and then the mail program kept suggesting those unknown people to me to send them emails. Very frustrating.
The highest design of philosophy was to propound and expose the beauty of virtue, and its charming aspect, as the most worthy motive to draw and influence the affections...virtue is but a ray of the Diety; and our duty is not complete, unless it be referred to his glory, who is the principle and pattern of it. -Thomas Boston

Mom to 4; 2 grads, yr 10/11 & yr 7.
The following 1 user Likes Barb Gifford's post:
  • Mommychickadee
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Site not found error??
It appears you own the domain, but it isn't redirecting properly. When I go to amblesideonline.com, I get the following:
[Image: 31c459a673ef06f63b0d42b7e7dbb2b2.jpg]
If I retype it (amblesideonline.com) in the address bar, odd as it may be, it redirects properly, to the homepage. If I do it a THIRD time, however, I get something like the first one but with two sets of letters:
[Image: d0f2485d75131adea5d71e903357ba01.jpg]
I have no idea what's going on; just thought I'd throw in what I can.

Sidenote: I haven't been able to get it to do it again on this device using the same browser.
Aidan, Formerly Grammar Police #2
   Your grammar is a reflection of your image. Good or bad, you have made an impression. And like all impressions, you are in total control.
       --Jeffrey Gitomer
The following 1 user Likes ARB's post:
  • Mommychickadee
That is weird. I have no idea what that string of letters means.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
I just tried it with amblesideonline.org and it did that error again with the string of letters, so it doesn't just happen with .com like I was thinking before.
Sidenote: amblesideonline.com:443 does NOT redirect.
Aidan, Formerly Grammar Police #2
   Your grammar is a reflection of your image. Good or bad, you have made an impression. And like all impressions, you are in total control.
       --Jeffrey Gitomer
(08-30-2017, 02:20 PM)ARB Wrote: Sidenote: amblesideonline.com:443 does NOT redirect.
(08-30-2017, 02:20 PM)ARB Wrote: Sidenote: amblesideonline.com:443 does NOT redirect.

It's trying to link to https://amblesideonline.com/ -- when I remove the "s" and make it http://amblesideonline.com/ it redirects.

Is this something I need to change? Where do I change it? Is it a webpage on the AO website, or something in the forum?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible Error in the Y1 Scheduled Bible Readings? Sixblueirises 7 6,317 10-27-2023, 09:26 AM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Possible Error on Easter Hymn list KarenL 0 2,076 05-08-2023, 11:44 PM
Last Post: KarenL
  Problems searching the AO site Barb Gifford 47 54,691 08-14-2022, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Printing from new site smoses9239 12 15,112 07-31-2021, 10:04 AM
Last Post: smoses9239
  Curriculum site issue; Menus in Header Mscott07 9 11,608 06-24-2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  DianeG - FOUND HER - Thanks! phoebebopeep 0 1,539 05-28-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: phoebebopeep
  [split] Security error Barb Gifford 0 1,672 02-02-2019, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Barb Gifford
  Sidebars on site don't want to show in Safari Te-ge 0 1,678 04-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Te-ge
  Update Link on AO Site Map trinitydaks 2 3,479 03-24-2015, 02:58 AM
Last Post: speedorwinska
  Minor Issue with Term Charts on Main Site SimplyKaren 16 19,167 11-14-2014, 10:30 PM
Last Post: lklivingston