put a sticky at the top of "The Patio"
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/put a sticky at the top of "The Patio"
(not sure if this is the right place to post, please move if needed.)

I was wondering if you all can put a sticky at the top of "The Patio" section, that would have all of the initial posts, starting with #1. That way I could direct new ladies there to get started. 

AND, maybe add a link to the FAQ above that as well.
<><  Michelle the Nomad: currently in Virginia, Alaska, Kenya, SoCal, Denver, Wash DC, Richmond VA
Wife to my best friend and hero; Mama to Grace (AO Grad) and Joy (Yr8/9)
Dakota Academy International
The following 2 users Like MichelleDee's post:
  • candacet, HeatherEllen
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: put a sticky at the top of &quot;The Patio&quot;
Do you mean links to the posts in order? I can do that.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • MichelleDee
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: put a sticky at the top of &quot;The Patio&quot;
(11-29-2017, 04:13 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: Do you mean links to the posts in order? I can do that.

YES! Thank you for doing that. I just saw them.
<><  Michelle the Nomad: currently in Virginia, Alaska, Kenya, SoCal, Denver, Wash DC, Richmond VA
I could have collected all of them and pasted them to a single post -- the whole thing could probably be read in 20 minutes -- but I think skimming over them too quickly would prevent the concepts from having an impact. Each one encompasses such a wealth of accompanying ideas that it's best to go slowly, take one at a time, and let it sink in. Even better would be to think and discuss them one at a time, with related thoughts brought in, because even though I can collect these ideas and summarize them neatly in one place, they don't have any impact until the person reading them digests and internalizes them (see post number 18, about Self-Education ;-) ). The only way I can think of to make that happen is to try to get the reader to slow down -- which is why I'm posting only one per week.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 2 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • JoyH, MichelleDee
(11-29-2017, 04:57 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: I could have collected all of them and pasted them to a single post -- the whole thing could probably be read in 20 minutes -- but I think skimming over them too quickly would prevent the concepts from having an impact. Each one encompasses such a wealth of accompanying ideas that it's best to go slowly, take one at a time, and let it sink in. Even better would be to think and discuss them one at a time, with related thoughts brought in, because even though I can collect these ideas and summarize them neatly in one place, they don't have any impact until the person reading them digests and internalizes them (see post number 18, about Self-Education ;-) ). The only way I can think of to make that happen is to try to get the reader to slow down -- which is why I'm posting only one per week.

what you did was exactly what i was thinking, each in their own post. that way if i send someone new there, they have to take the time to go through them slower. AND, i love the idea of discussing them. maybe we can add that to the discussion time at the end of our monthly meetings that we are doing. hmmmmm . . . . !

THANK YOU!
The following 1 user Likes MichelleDee's post:
  • LeslieNoelani

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a "sticky"? How to share docs? tonik 2 3,744 04-20-2018, 11:32 PM
Last Post: tonik
  links in handicraft sticky Amy Jo Hines 0 1,754 01-31-2014, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Amy Jo Hines