Artist Study
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Artist Study
When I went to download the pieces for this year, my web security program said hackers were trying to access my information with this link. It was happening with all the artists. Perhaps it's just my overzealous security software, but I wanted to give a heads up to someone more technologically savvy than me.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Artist Study
(07-10-2018, 10:09 AM)DanielleGeriL Wrote: When I went to download the pieces for this year, my web security program said hackers were trying to access my information with this link. It was happening with all the artists. Perhaps it's just my overzealous security software, but I wanted to give a heads up to someone more technologically savvy than me.
From where were you trying to download the art?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(07-10-2018, 10:21 AM)lklivingston Wrote: From where were you trying to download the art?

The yahoo group
(07-10-2018, 10:33 AM)DanielleGeriL Wrote: The yahoo group

While the yahoo groups carry the AmblesideOnline name, they are not managed by AO because we have moved from the yahoo groups to the forum for engagement. Unfortunately, you will not be able to find assistance for use of yahoo groups on the forum.
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
The following 2 users Like Dawn Duran's post:
  • DanielleGeriL, lklivingston
(07-10-2018, 08:36 PM)Dawn Duran Wrote: While the yahoo groups carry the AmblesideOnline name, they are not managed by AO because we have moved from the yahoo groups to the forum for engagement. Unfortunately, you will not be able to find assistance for use of yahoo groups on the forum.

My husband took one look at the screen and I had his full support to purchase some SCM ones instead of risk it. It'll be fun to try that this year anyway. Thank you!
The following 1 user Likes DanielleGeriL's post:
  • Dawn Duran
You could try the ones downloadable from A Humble Place for free (you have to pay printing costs). I have always made my own, but I've heard great feedback about hers, so I'm going to try them this year. She includes some info on the artist, too.
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
(07-12-2018, 02:40 AM)COMama Wrote: You could try the ones downloadable from A Humble Place for free (you have to pay printing costs). I have always made my own, but I've heard great feedback about hers, so I'm going to try them this year. She includes some info on the artist, too.

Thank you!!
I just downloaded a couple random artists from the yahoo group without a problem. Strange.
~Kara~
Mama to Rachael (Y9), Edward (Y7), Justin (Y5), Abigail (Y4), and Hannah (Y0).
The earth is the LORD'S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. Ps. 24:1
The following 1 user Likes TariOronar's post:
  • DanielleGeriL
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Bad links to Artists
So, several of the links under Albrect Durer on the AO website seem to lead to malware. I clicked on the top two and they said I needed to update my version of flash player. However, I had literally just installed it from Adobe and confirmed that I had the right version. It also results in many other things opening up at the same time.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Bad links to Artists
(03-17-2019, 11:08 PM)Vblank Wrote: So, several of the links under Albrect Durer on the AO website seem to lead to malware. I clicked on the top two and they said I needed to update my version of flash player. However, I had literally just installed it from Adobe and confirmed that I had the right version. It also results in many other things opening up at the same time.
Art links do have a tendency to go bad. It's been quite awhile since Durer was scheduled, so those links haven't been updated for years. I agree with you that they aren't safe!
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Year 8 link to Study Guide not working - FYI tkbbmom24 5 7,224 02-16-2022, 12:48 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  New website — artist and composer years linked Sandy O 3 5,314 07-14-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Sandy O
  Study Guide thread or forum? Kari Ellen 8 9,270 10-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Nature Study - Perseid Meteor shower LindsayL 3 4,395 08-13-2015, 07:25 AM
Last Post: MelisaH
  Study Guide links within 36 wk Schedule DaughterofEve 20 26,514 06-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Last Post: MelisaH