links back to threads in email not working today?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/links back to threads in email not working today?
Hi all. I love getting the email notices about threads in the forum. When I need/want to respond I click the link and viola. Was doing it last night. But now this morning every new message just says "not found" when I click. Is it something on my end? Or is it happening to anyone else? And only the links to here from emails.. others are working fine.
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: links back to threads in email not working today?
This one worked fine for me. I got it by email and clicked. There has been a lot of moving posts around to clear areas up. Maybe that is what has been causing problems for you? If you continue to have trouble, I'll see what I can figure out....
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: links back to threads in email not working today?
Weird! It worked this time but didn't five minutes ago.

Phyllis.. you worked forum magic just by reading my problem! (now how to I add those far more interesting smilies than the basic one?) I need the really really big grin one now. lol

and since I have asked.. how do you quote from multiple people's posts in a thread in one response? Just tried and couldn't figure it out.. of course I didn't play for long.
Lani

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
Must be something with that batch of emails... those still won't click through to the website. But the new one from you Phyllis worked.
Lani

Could you copy the one of the URLs that doesn't work into here?
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Test linking to a thread (this thread):

https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showth...21#pid4221
 Karen Glass, mom of four with only one daughter left at home.
Author of Consider This and Mind to Mind , Know and Tell , and In Vital Harmony.
Okay, that worked. Another thread:

https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showth...92#pid2692
Author of Consider This and Mind to Mind , Know and Tell , and In Vital Harmony.
Also good. Now a fancy one with text.
And...all of those worked. Sorry--there is a weird link somewhere that doesn't work, and I was just trying to make sure that linking directly to threads isn't completely corrupted.
The following 1 user Likes KarenG's post:
  • GuitarGurl4God98
(07-28-2012, 10:15 PM)Lani Wrote: and since I have asked.. how do you quote from multiple people's posts in a thread in one response? Just tried and couldn't figure it out.. of course I didn't play for long.

Lani, if you reply to any one of the messages in the thread, then click the "insert quoted text" button above the box, that inserts the code you need to start a quote. Then if you scroll all the way down, you'll see the "Thread Review" where you can copy and paste into your box whatever you want to quote.

Also, when you use the "insert quoted text" button, red text shows up just above it that says "[close tags], if you click on that, it will add the [/quote] that you need to close off the quotes.
Naomi - dd 21 (grad), ds 19 (grad), dd 15 (YR10), ds 12 (YR6)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024: Report Typos/Dead Links Here LeslieNoelani 46 16,236 3 hours ago
Last Post: Beloved
  Access to working and single parents Friederike 1 1,104 02-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: MaryEllen
  Missing links under Years 9-10-11 1st Year Booklist AndreaMM 2 4,445 07-26-2023, 10:28 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Save threads? MonicaC 3 4,788 09-17-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: MonicaC
  Classics for Kids links are broken busyncmama 0 2,127 04-20-2022, 02:46 AM
Last Post: busyncmama
  Notifications not working Sandy O 9 10,940 03-17-2022, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Primeperiwinkle
  Year 8 link to Study Guide not working - FYI tkbbmom24 5 7,293 02-16-2022, 12:48 PM
  Link for CHOW timeline not working yoganurture@gmail.com 2 3,963 07-22-2021, 02:33 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  The Ark back in print hosanna 2 3,571 03-27-2021, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Colby1
  Update your Email lklivingston 0 1,733 06-04-2019, 12:42 AM