Notifications not working
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Notifications not working
I am not receiving any email notifications any more (a couple of days now). I’ve checked the forum and there has been activity on several threads I’m subscribed to. But I’m not getting the usual emails. Suggestions?
Sandy
Hopeful mama to 3 dd -- 20 (graduate!), 17 (12th gr) & 15 (9th gr) -- currently dipping our toe into full-time classical private school.
Check with your ISP. They may be being blocked.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Notifications not working
[I want to hide my head under a bag!]  How do I check that?
Sandy
Hopeful mama to 3 dd -- 20 (graduate!), 17 (12th gr) & 15 (9th gr) -- currently dipping our toe into full-time classical private school.
(03-13-2022, 03:44 AM)Sandy O Wrote: [I want to hide my head under a bag!]  How do I check that?

I don't know.  It may not be something you can easily check.  One thing you can do is put the email address those come from on the list of addresses from which you want to get mail, if your email provider offers that option.  I'm trying to track this down from our end too.  I don't think it's an AO issue, but we may be able to resolve it by asking our webhost to intercede with the other internet providers to authorize emails from us.  Sometimes people tag our emails as spam, and then they start being blocked.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Well, I just decided to check my email address here on my user CP on the forum. I couldn’t see it, but I chose to reenter it anyway. And immediately got a forum update to my email. So. Not sure why it happened. But seems better now.
Sandy
(03-13-2022, 12:29 PM)Sandy O Wrote: Well, I just decided to check my email address here on my user CP on the forum. I couldn’t see it, but I chose to reenter it anyway. And immediately got a forum update to my email. So. Not sure why it happened. But seems better now.
Oh good!
Kathy 
I've had the same problem, Sandy, with notifications not being emailed.
Ack. It’s still happening. Back to the drawing board.
Sandy
Notifications only email with the first new post. They won't email again until you visit the forum.

Is anyone receiving email notifications?
Kathy 
I get them regularly for the one thread I have subscribed to whenever anyone comments on that thread. I don't know if that helps you though.
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys who are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Access to working and single parents Friederike 1 1,093 02-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: MaryEllen
  Is there a way to turn off teen notifications? COMama 64 78,176 04-02-2023, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ARD
  Year 8 link to Study Guide not working - FYI tkbbmom24 5 7,258 02-16-2022, 12:48 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Link for CHOW timeline not working yoganurture@gmail.com 2 3,951 07-22-2021, 02:33 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Not receiving email notifications anymore Friederike 8 9,554 03-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Friederike
  Getting notifications tbsmith1995 6 7,319 11-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Last Post: laurke
  right click not working... MaggieAnnie 3 4,507 04-16-2015, 06:08 AM
Last Post: MaggieAnnie
  instant email notification not working robeliken 6 7,463 11-23-2013, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Celeste
  "view new posts" not working? Lori B 4 6,166 01-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Lori B
  Insert hyperlink not working? lklivingston 4 5,637 10-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Phyllis