Can't access a thread
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Answering the Cry for Freedom
I still can't even view the Hot Topics thread. This is the message I'm getting.

AmblesideOnline Forums
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'lesliegid'
Leslie + 4 in Chattanooga, Tennessee
began AO0 in 2006
Try now. I think that after the last forum software update, that setting wasn't right and Junior Members could not view Hot Topics. I believe I have fixed it.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(04-14-2021, 03:56 AM)lklivingston Wrote: Try now. I think that after the last forum software update, that setting wasn't right and Junior Members could not view Hot Topics. I believe I have fixed it.

It is still the same for me.
began AO0 in 2006
But maybe if I post one more time, after 8+ years here, I'll achieve full member status... ?
began AO0 in 2006
Nope, that wasn't it...
began AO0 in 2006
(04-14-2021, 06:43 AM)lesliegid Wrote: But maybe if I post one more time, after 8+ years here, I'll achieve full member status... ?

That can't be it, you have enough posts. It must be a glitch leftover from our last software update.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
(04-14-2021, 06:39 AM)lesliegid Wrote: It is still the same for me.

You're a Regular Member now.  Can you try refreshing your browser?  Or are you in Tapatalk?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Can't access a thread
Thank you Leslie and Kathy! A few hours after I posted these, my status changed, and I was able to read and post in the Hot Topics thread.
began AO0 in 2006
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Can't access a thread
Hot topics is also moderated and I think another issue is that moderating did not move fast enough. I think I saw at least a couple sets of duplicate posts from you when I checked the queue..
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Access to working and single parents Friederike 1 1,114 02-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: MaryEllen
  Access to private forums Elijah and Dad 2 3,432 10-03-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,145 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  I can't access the teen forums anymore unavalible_username 20 23,818 01-14-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Barb Gifford
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,211 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? laurens 10 13,446 08-12-2022, 10:41 PM
Last Post: audreygreer
  missing Like button on hot topics thread JoyH 9 11,541 12-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Last Post: JoyH
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 27,949 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Change name of thread? amy.fischer 2 4,014 09-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: amy.fischer
  Deleting a Discussion Thread Faithmorrison_14 4 5,521 03-01-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Faithmorrison_14