Trouble opening ODT schedule in something besides Microsoft Word
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Trouble opening ODT schedule in something besides Microsoft Word
Hi! I could use some guidance on opening a schedule in editable ODT format. I try to "right click" so I can open in another format (I would like to use my Open Office 4 Apache). However, it always defaults back to microsoft word and I am unable to open and do not want a microsoft word account. I have been walked through this in the past but it seems to get more difficult to do this. Any help for this technically challenged mom?
Shelley - ddAOgrad , dsY9
"Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you."   Milne
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Trouble opening ODT schedule in something besides Microsoft Word
It's probably a setting on your computer that determines which program opens each file type. Have you tried downloading the file, then manually opening it in OpenOffice?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Trouble opening ODT schedule in something besides Microsoft Word
What if you open Open Office and then try to open the file from there?
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Trouble opening ODT schedule in something besides Microsoft Word
Thank you, thank you both. Some combination of both of your answers helped me do this. I didn't even have to ask my husband for help this time. Thank you very much!
Shelley - ddAOgrad , dsY9
"Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you."   Milne
The following 1 user Likes CottageSchool's post:
  • lklivingston

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble downloading editable charts lklivingston 5 7,327 08-03-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Printing Issues with Y7 Lite PDF Schedule blingbloom 1 3,108 06-01-2023, 05:56 AM
  Trouble Downloading Schedules malonelca 6 7,404 07-13-2021, 09:59 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Trouble Opening .doc and .odt lklivingston 12 14,780 04-14-2021, 10:00 PM
  trouble editing ODT schedule charts CottageSchool 2 3,952 07-14-2020, 04:01 AM
Last Post: CottageSchool
  word doc year 1 term chart won't open mrsjroderick 11 13,453 06-05-2017, 12:21 PM
  Schedule Bookmark Template or Tutorial? carolandreescu 0 1,578 01-17-2017, 10:10 PM
Last Post: carolandreescu
  Study Guide links within 36 wk Schedule DaughterofEve 20 26,726 06-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Last Post: MelisaH
  ATTN: Formatting trouble? Phyllis 1 3,024 02-03-2015, 01:31 AM
Last Post: Dawn Rhymer
  Having trouble logging onto the forum on kindle kellypetrie 9 10,826 01-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Last Post: kellypetrie