Trouble Opening .doc and .odt
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Trouble Opening .doc and .odt
A couple of people have reported problems opening our weekly schedules in the .doc and .odt file formats.  They download and open fine for me, so I need more information in order to figure out what's causing the problem.

Would you mind testing it and reporting back?  What browser are you using?  What operating system or platform are you on (Windows PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, etc.)?  Are you trying to open the file in Word or LibreOffice or some other software?

I am opening the file on a Windows 10 PC using Brave with LibreOffice.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Trouble Opening .doc and .odt
I just checked downloading the Year 3 schedules, both doc and odt. On Mac Chrome, they worked fine. I don't have Word, but they opened with Open Office, no problems.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 1 user Likes Phyllis's post:
  • lklivingston
Year 7 doc and odt did not work for me on both my android phone and my desk top computer. My computer is 10 years old, but the pdf link worked fine on both.
Wife to my highschool archenemy and mother of 4, AO Year 9, Year 7, Year 4, Year 0.  "Mothers work wonders once they are convinced that wonders are demanded of them." Charlotte Mason
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Trouble Opening .doc and .odt
Who's using Office360? Do the files work for you?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I tried my tablet and Year 7 doc worked, but Year 7 Oct did not work. I think my tablet uses WPS Office.
Wife to my highschool archenemy and mother of 4, AO Year 9, Year 7, Year 4, Year 0.  "Mothers work wonders once they are convinced that wonders are demanded of them." Charlotte Mason
I had no issues opening the Year 9 files on a Mac using Safari and LibreOffice.
Emily in Central WA
Mom to 4 boys (16yo, 15yo, 13yo, 8yo) and 2 little girls (10yo, 6yo)
AO Years 11, 10, 8, 5, 3 and 1
Won't download using Windows with Chrome. When I click on the link the page blinks but that's it, nothing changes. Only some of the years aren't working for me. I need year 6 but it isn't working, years 9-12 are working though.
ozark mama
UPDATE: Year 9 lite works but Year 9 does not work. What should I do?
ozark mama
Have you tried using a different browser?
Kathy 
(I just tried Year 9 in Brave and Firefox and was able to access the files successfully.)
Kathy 
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • ozark mama

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble downloading editable charts lklivingston 5 7,252 08-03-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Trouble opening ODT schedule in something besides Microsoft Word CottageSchool 3 4,601 12-09-2021, 12:31 PM
Last Post: CottageSchool
  Trouble Downloading Schedules malonelca 6 7,293 07-13-2021, 09:59 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  trouble editing ODT schedule charts CottageSchool 2 3,900 07-14-2020, 04:01 AM
Last Post: CottageSchool
  ATTN: Formatting trouble? Phyllis 1 3,004 02-03-2015, 01:31 AM
Last Post: Dawn Rhymer
  Having trouble logging onto the forum on kindle kellypetrie 9 10,717 01-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Last Post: kellypetrie
  Search trouble Kathy W. 9 11,145 09-21-2014, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Kathy W.
  Trouble with my e-mails PINKPANSIES 5 6,078 07-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Last Post: PINKPANSIES
  having trouble posting in year 0 derdsgirl 8 9,765 04-09-2014, 06:15 AM
Last Post: derdsgirl