Testing the "Like" button
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Testing the "Like" button
Phyllis Wrote:I would particularly like to hear from a mobile user. Sometimes we have problems with various devices when I install new plugins. Is everything still okay on your phone/gadget?

I can't see the Like button on FR, of course, but it works fine.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(08-02-2012, 09:46 PM)LoneStarAcademy Wrote: So on the link you shared my original question, can you install both a "like" and a "thank you" button? I can see how both could be useful, but I also wouldn't want to clutter things up either.

It's a choice between Like or Thank You. Not both. Sorry. You can consider liking to be the same as thanking here. :)
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 1 user Likes Phyllis's post:
  • lklivingston
I understand. It looks like the "like" button is a huge hit :). Thank you!
Brandi
Married to my best friend Michael and homeschooling mom of four.
DS-17 UNT Sr '17, DD-16 HEO 11 Sr '14, DS-11 & DD-10 AO 4
Lone Star Latte-n-Libre
(08-02-2012, 09:32 PM)Phyllis Wrote: It also shows up in the user's profile. Click on Jeanne's name or mine, and you'll see.

Did you remove this feature? I saw it yesterday by people's name --- how many Likes they've given, how many they have received --- but don't see it today.

It was making me think of this CM statement --- "We run our schools upon emulation.... So we offer prizes, exhibitions, scholarships, every incentive that can be proposed. We cause him to work for our approbation, we play upon his vanity, and the boy does more than he can."

So I was gonna joke about it, how I wanted to get as many as Wendi and stuff, but now I see it is gone?
Kay Pelham
Mom of One 20 year old young man (AO Year 0 to 12 graduate, as of May '21), Wife of One well-aged man
www.kaypelham.com
The following 2 users Like KayPelham's post:
  • LoneStarAcademy, Queen of Carrots
KayPelham Wrote:So I was gonna joke about it, how I wanted to get as many as Wendi and stuff, but now I see it is gone?

And that is why it is gone! The Like button remains, though.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  missing Like button on hot topics thread JoyH 9 11,538 12-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Last Post: JoyH
  No Reply button? Jeff's Jessie 1 2,923 10-05-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Problems with Quick edit button Cargeek 11 13,779 12-14-2018, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Jenna Dilts
  "Quote This Post" Button Dawn Rhymer 10 13,322 10-17-2014, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Dawn Rhymer
  AO Blog Button? redhed 3 4,715 04-01-2014, 03:29 AM
Last Post: redhed