Ambleside Online Security Certificate?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Ambleside Online Security Certificate?
I've been getting a warning from Firefox these past two days that the AO Security Certificate is invalid and could not be verified. I still get to the site and the forum, but I'm a little worried about the safety of my internet connection now!

Did the hosting change? Any thoughts?
Marna in South Africa
Teaching DS Y4, DS Y1, DD3, and DD1
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Ambleside Online Security Certificate?
I just read on Facebook that they know of the problem and are working on it. I'm using it through Tapatalk and don't get any errors that I can see.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Ambleside Online Security Certificate?
The message shows up on Chrome, too, but I can access the site (obviously, I'm here!).
Writing at History Underfoot. Please visit me there!
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Ambleside Online Security Certificate?
I am using Veriazon/Yahoo and I get a warning about a certificate error, too, and not all the content displays. When I tried to access the site through an email about a new post on my phone, I also got the warning that way. But, I obviously can bypass the warning and take my chances. I logged on to see if anyone else was having the same problems, but now I'm signing off.
Mary Morse Herring, doing HEO in Virginia
I've also received the message from Firefox this morning when I attempt to access the forum, and when I checked the "details" tab on the warning, it showed that the security certificate expired yesterday, 7/9/2013 (and that it was issued 7/8/2012).
Yes, we are aware of the problem & it should be taken care of shortly. I went to get on the forum last night just a couple of minutes after it expired and FF let me know of the issue. I simply overrode it knowing that was the problem and let Leslie know last night (unfortunately, it was night....and contact people are not always around at night).
The following 1 user Likes MelisaH's post:
  • laurel :)
Same here today 7/10/13
(07-11-2013, 12:51 AM)MelisaH Wrote: Yes, we are aware of the problem & it should be taken care of shortly. I went to get on the forum last night just a couple of minutes after it expired and FF let me know of the issue. I simply overrode it knowing that was the problem and let Leslie know last night (unfortunately, it was night....and contact people are not always around at night).

Great - thanks! I'm glad it's nothing sinister :)
Marna in South Africa
Teaching DS Y4, DS Y1, DD3, and DD1
The following 1 user Likes papayapip's post:
  • Joy
I'm glad I saw this thread! I was a bit worried when Firefox was telling me someone might be tampering with my connection...good to know it's just a temporary glitch.
Homesteader, homeschooler, homemaker, mama to four and wife to my high school sweetheart.

"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it." - Anne Shirley
I got one on Chrome too! It says that I may be on with an attacker, then displays the date(which is always right) and asks, "does this look wrong to you? If so, fix the problem then refresh your browser."

It's not running any different, everything is fine, but it's weird that it tells me that before I get here...
Modern-day Akatsuki member. S-Rank missing-nin. 
I need a shirt that says 'Meh'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Public Domain/Freely Availale Online Books that aren't linked mama_kate 5 507 05-07-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  [split] Security error Barb Gifford 0 1,732 02-02-2019, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Barb Gifford
  Ambleside users in australia My mother's daughter 4 5,221 07-06-2018, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Umjamila
  Security Certificate carpeaeternitatem 3 4,806 02-13-2018, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Hearwhispers
  Security certificate? carpeaeternitatem 3 4,738 12-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Last Post: laurke
  Amb.leside online e-mail loop LindsayL 13 16,168 05-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Jeanne Webb