Please Read: Regarding Ambleside Online's Copyright Policy
Announcements/RE: Please Read: Regarding Ambleside Online's Copyright Policy
(08-31-2013, 10:41 AM)WendiC Wrote: There also seems to be some confusion about copyrighted works. You don't need a license number of a work to be copyrighted. That was once not precisely the case, but it's been many, many years now since that changed. I was talking to my library science major daughter about this today, and she was surprised that not everybody knows this. These very words that I am typing right now become copyrighted to myself the moment I type them (as do yours). You don't need a license, and there is really only one reason to get one- to make it easier if you are intending to sue somebody in Federal Court should they violate your copyright.

Exactly. You so not have to have any form of copyright licence, number, or file anything with anyone in order for your work to be copyrighted. Anything that you create, write, or think, is by definition, yours. The copyright laws are there ONLY to protect what already belongs to you.
8 kids in AO years 2-11. After traveling fulltime for 3 years, we settled in Alabama.... for now! 
The following 2 users Like michelle dawn's post:
  • MelisaH, WendiC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please Read: Regarding Ambleside Online's Copyright Policy - by michelle dawn - 09-02-2013, 02:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Year 7 Free Read Change lklivingston 10 139,018 04-17-2019, 03:00 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
Exclamation PLEASE READ: Routine Maintenance this week MelisaH 1 39,486 08-30-2014, 02:59 PM
Last Post: MelisaH
Exclamation PLEASE READ: Routine Maintenance this weekend MelisaH 20 307,924 04-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Dawn Duran