Please Read: Regarding Ambleside Online's Copyright Policy
Announcements/RE: Please Read: Regarding Ambleside Online's Copyright Policy
(02-09-2014, 05:11 PM)Mrs. Mandy Wrote: See this why the Yahoo groups were so great.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Something to keep in mind it that with Yahoo Groups, we had absolutely no control of things if Yahoo Group were to change up their TOS, reduce storage limits (which they did many years ago - they put them back, but I remember MANY groups scrambling to figure out what to do with their files at the time), change the format (they have done that and it can be a real pain at times), or they could get rid of the groups altogether (they could do that at any time they wanted). I knew that some kind of change was going to happen with YG's because there had been a CEO change. And it did. The chatter I had read elsewhere was not wrong to that end.

This is another reason that the forum is MUCH better. It won't just disappear on a moments notice, etc. The forum was created at the perfect time to avoid all the hassle that went on when YG's went to Neo.
The following 3 users Like MelisaH's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines, Brandy Vencel, Dawn Duran

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please Read: Regarding Ambleside Online's Copyright Policy - by MelisaH - 02-10-2014, 03:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Year 7 Free Read Change lklivingston 10 139,013 04-17-2019, 03:00 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
Exclamation PLEASE READ: Routine Maintenance this week MelisaH 1 39,484 08-30-2014, 02:59 PM
Last Post: MelisaH
Exclamation PLEASE READ: Routine Maintenance this weekend MelisaH 20 307,893 04-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Dawn Duran