ATTN: Parents of teens - Do you know about the HEO Teen Area of the forum?
Announcements/ATTN: Parents of teens - Do you know about the HEO Teen Area of the forum?
Dear Parents,

As it is soon after the beginning of the traditional school year, we thought this was a good time to remind you about the HEO student area of the forum. For those parents who do not have students already participating in the HEO student area, but would like more information:

The HEO student area is comprised of 2 sections. There is an area in which only the HEO teens can interact, then a second area that allows the parents of HEO teens to interact with all the HEO teens. The second section is a great place for book discussions! The HEO teen areas are only viewable by the teens and the parents of said teens. Your student must be at least 13 to participate because of legalities with children and the internet and they must be actively using HEO for their homeschooling.

To have your teen join the HEO area, you can find more information here: https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showth...hp?tid=278

When signing your teen up to join, please be sure to go over both the rules for the forum in general and the rules that are specific to the HEO forum itself.
The following 2 users Like MelisaH's post:
  • KimGrace, Mamasmiley888
Announcements/RE: ATTN: Parents of teens - Do you know about the HEO Teen Area of the forum?
The link, according to my computer does not work. Here is that again https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showth...hp?tid=278
Blossom- AO Grads, '15 & '17. Children are born persons
Online classesBooks: Lulu and BlurbSet Your Feet, book 'reviews'

Announcements/RE: ATTN: Parents of teens - Do you know about the HEO Teen Area of the forum?
Crazy. It worked fine before I posted it (I checked it!) and they look the same until you hover. I have no idea why the link stopped working when I copy/pasted it here.
Two more years! No, wait! One year and 8 months! I can't wait! What a great opportunity to make friends (just like his mom has) with fellow AOers.
Kay Pelham
Mom of One 20 year old young man (AO Year 0 to 12 graduate, as of May '21), Wife of One well-aged man
www.kaypelham.com
The following 2 users Like KayPelham's post:
  • MelisaH, NorthLaurel
my son is old enough now, yay!
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
The following 2 users Like laurke's post:
  • lklivingston, MelisaH
I'm trying to get my 14 year old interested, but she is just skeptical of all online stuff. Maybe one day, I would love for her to connect with other AO students.
-Elizabeth

Mom to 14 yo C, 11 yo G and 3 yo J

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scheduled Website/Forum Maintenance lklivingston 4 10,852 08-12-2022, 01:15 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Getting Started with the AO Forum AO Advisory 3 122,426 07-24-2021, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  PARENTS/MODERATORS/STUDENTS. Willow Skyrider 2 155,995 12-17-2020, 06:13 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  FORUM MAINTENANCE Will Result in Downtime; Probably Today LeslieNoelani 2 16,231 09-30-2020, 03:01 AM
  Forum is open Phyllis 6 60,764 01-04-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Forum Email lklivingston 0 24,510 03-17-2017, 02:14 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Buy/sell forum Lani 8 153,565 10-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep
  Forum closing (and Christmas party) Phyllis 0 26,381 12-18-2015, 10:26 PM
  Forum Maintenance - November 2015 MelisaH 8 119,273 11-10-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: COMama
  Forum Update June 2015 MelisaH 1 38,329 06-11-2015, 07:32 AM