AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I don't remember exactly, but I think there is either an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails or I sent them to spam...
(02-08-2016, 06:14 AM)Dawn Girl Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Facebook question on notifications.

I like to get the little red dot on the globe in the Facebook header to know if there are responses in Facebook.  

I do not like to get e-mails.  However, I don't know how to stop the e-mails.  

After googling the problem, this is what I did:  I went to my AO Facebook page, and I turned off notifications thinking this would stop the e-mails.  But now I wonder if I have turned off the little-red-dot-on-the-globe feature as well.

Can a Facebook savvy person help me with this?
Yes, you can turn off the emails.  It is under your privacy settings, under notifications.  Email should be one of the options.  Then you can customize what email you receive.  (I receive as little as possible.)
I found it. Thank you everyone for help.
Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get approved for the group? I believe I requested to join a few weeks ago and it is still pending.
Did you get a PM on FB with the AO guidelines? Check your Other folder or whatever that's called now and respond to that message and you should be in soon.
(02-08-2016, 01:19 PM)laurke Wrote: [ -> ]Did you get a PM on FB with the AO guidelines?  Check your Other folder or whatever that's called now and respond to that message and you should be in soon.

I did not.

I'll try to cancel it and request to join again.
PM me with your FB name and I'll check.
I love the facebook for a large variety of quick answers and discussion and it seems like the forum is for that serious, nitty-gritty "here's your answer" and done type posts... but not in a bad way. I hope that made sense. I like them both! ETA* I'm replying to someone that was like on page 2... but oh well! ha!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11