AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: 2024: Report Typos/Dead Links Here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
In the 2024-2025 composer Beethoven:

1. Symphony No 6 in F major Op. 68 Pastoral * 
The first link doesnt work 

In these pieces the last 2 links are the same as the first 2 links. 

2. Piano Sonata 8 Op. 13 Pathetique * * * *
     or Piano Sonata 14 Op. 27 Moonlight * * * *
(04-19-2024, 12:13 PM)noesalame Wrote: [ -> ]In the 2024-2025 composer Beethoven:

1. Symphony No 6 in F major Op. 68 Pastoral * 
The first link doesnt work 

In these pieces the last 2 links are the same as the first 2 links. 

2. Piano Sonata 8 Op. 13 Pathetique * * * *
     or Piano Sonata 14 Op. 27 Moonlight * * * *

These likely haven't been updated since the last round of Beethoven. We have just finished correcting and updating the Folk Songs links for next year, and the others will be updated soon as well.
(04-19-2024, 09:05 PM)AnneWhite Wrote: [ -> ]These likely haven't been updated since the last round of Beethoven. We have just finished correcting and updating the Folk Songs links for next year, and the others will be updated soon as well.

Thanks for all the work!
(I’m a bit ahead as I’m moving so prepping for things before the big move)
Year 6 booklist page says Animal Farm is 8 weeks, but it is 5 weeks on the schedules. 
The Age of Fable by Thomas Bulfinch β α ($amzn) (K) (ChrBk) Ω K [34]
* ** The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien (16 weeks) (ChrBk) ($amzn) (K)
** Animal Farm by George Orwell (8 weeks) (ChrBk) ($amzn) (K)

https://amblesideonline.org/ao-y6-bks#lit 
The Plutarch study for Fabius skips from Lesson 9 to Lesson 11 on the text only version. The link to jump to Lesson 10 doesn't go anywhere, either.

I checked the study guide version and it does have a Lesson 10. It seems that the break was not inserted in the text only version, but the text itself does all appear to be there.
Year 9 booklist link to Thomas Jefferson's autobiography at Christian Book does not work.
Good morning - looking at the 2025-2026 folksongs, April (Scarborough Fair) has two dead links. The main link and the iconic Simon and Garfunkel one are both not working. Thanks!
(05-16-2024, 10:50 PM)allison0309 Wrote: [ -> ]Good morning - looking at the 2025-2026 folksongs, April (Scarborough Fair) has two dead links. The main link and the iconic Simon and Garfunkel one are both not working. Thanks!

We will update as we prepare for the Fall 2025 term.  :)  These links often require updating each time they come back around.
(04-19-2023, 09:28 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: [ -> ]This is the place to report any typos or dead links that you find on the AO website or forum.

As the typos are fixed, their posts will be deleted, so don't be surprised if things disappear from here. :)

Thank you!

On the year 8 weekly schedule, there is (in addition to the Shakespeare sonnet reading and the Fierce Wars poetry reading) a separate line item for Poetry Anthology each week. Kathy Livingston recommended I put a note in here about it. I was trying to see if I could upload a picture to show you what I mean but I can’t figure out how to do it on here.  Here is a link to the page I mean: https://www.amblesideonline.org/ao-y8-sch
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5