2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Announcements/RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
(03-29-2016, 03:04 AM)lklivingston Wrote: Sorry!  This:
"Breakouts for each Form, with an overview of the Form and then details on each year"

There will be a breakout for Form I, to talk about Years 1-3, and a breakout for Form II, to talk about Years 4-6, and a breakout for Forms III and IV, to talk about Years 7-9, and a breakout for Forms V and VI, to talk about Years 10-12.  Those will last twice as long as a normal breakout because they cover so much more material, and there will be two of those going on at the same time, two in the morning and two in the afternoon.  If you do one of those, you can't attend any of the other sessions going on at the same time.
I already don't know what to do I have kids in all different levels :/ will recordings be sold if you miss something that you needed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
We do hope to record the sessions, but we can't guarantee anything. We had expert recording help last year, and we still haven't managed to get those recordings posted.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • phoebebopeep
(04-01-2016, 11:31 AM)lklivingston Wrote: We do hope to record the sessions, but we can't guarantee anything. We had expert recording help last year, and we still haven't managed to get those recordings posted.

Ok.

sorry if this is asked and answered but what's the ending time on Saturday?
~Kimberly Rotter~
Homeschooling one daughter, Year 5 in 2020-2021
http://AnArmyOfWriters.com
Spiritual but secular Charlotte Mason in San Diego, CA.
12 is lunch, then we leave. Checkout is before lunch.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
  • KimSanDiego
I'm very new to Charlotte Mason/AO (so much so that I don't even feel comfortable calling it "CM" yet! Haha) and have just finished my first week of Year 1 with my son. I thought I might as well just jump in with both feet and fly out to this conference from Northern California - so here I am, flight booked and conference prepaid!

I just found the post that someone mentioned about Chit-Chat and rides, etc. I'll go check it out as I think I'll be renting a car so maybe I can give someone a ride. So excited to go to Texas (first time) and meet some other AO moms! Extra thanks to all the women that put this together! Amazing work!!
Ambassador to a spirited little boy:
*Tango (age 11) Year 5
 - Northwest Connecticut
Can I be nosy and ask which PR article Wendi is going to be discussing? [Cool, man. Grooovay. Like, peace out and all that jazz...]
"You have to have a strong will to give it up [to God]." ~ Mother Alexandra ~ former Princess Ileana of Romania
Katherine ~ Orthodox Christian ~ Happily Married
God Has Heard and Manifested Himself (5, Y0) , Gentleman (1, Y0), & Light-Giving Spirit (Due Summer '24)
The following 1 user Likes Purposeful Abnegation's post:
  • phoebebopeep
(04-05-2016, 04:56 AM)Purposeful Abnegation Wrote: Can I be nosy and ask which PR article Wendi is going to be discussing? [Cool, man. Grooovay. Like, peace out and all that jazz...]

Probably http://www.amblesideonline.org/PR/PR10p5...ples.shtml
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 2 users Like WendiC's post:
  • phoebebopeep, Purposeful Abnegation
Sorry for the buckshot of questions, but it would be great to have any answers I can: Is there any idea on the number of people in the sessions? Are there going to be big vs small sessions? Also is there any idea how many conference spots are left? I have not signed up yet, but I have recruited 3-4 people who are looking at plane tickets and I have at least 4 more who are interested, but needing to discuss it with their spouse more. All my people are heading overseas within the year to India, but their children are all under six so finances and spouse help are needed to be worked out. Is there a missionary discount at all, I did not think there was, but I thought I would ask?
Wife to my highschool archenemy and mother of 4, AO Year 9, Year 7, Year 4, Year 0.  "Mothers work wonders once they are convinced that wonders are demanded of them." Charlotte Mason
There will be large group sessions and smaller breakouts of no more than 50 people.

There are still spots left. How many depends on how people share rooms.

We aren't able to offer discounts right now, unfortunately.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
Kathy 
  • CrazyMama
Please forgive me if this is a question you have answered somewhere already. If someone is commuting and they pack their meals will they be able to eat at the tables with the people who have bought the meals, I know some hotels or conference restaurants have rules about no outside food?
Wife to my highschool archenemy and mother of 4, AO Year 9, Year 7, Year 4, Year 0.  "Mothers work wonders once they are convinced that wonders are demanded of them." Charlotte Mason

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save the Date! Donna-Jean 86 537,116 10-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Queensuzie2
  Third conference plenary AO Forum 8 108,074 03-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Meshelle911
  Christmas Break 2016 lklivingston 7 112,520 02-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Heivices
  Conference Resources (notes & things promised at the Heart of AO Conf 2016) NaomiG 26 366,990 08-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Next conference plenary (extra special!) AO Forum 10 140,602 07-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Peacefully Buzzing
  Conference audio! AO Forum 28 357,118 07-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: islavet
  Second conference plenary! AO Forum 24 308,648 07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Folksongs 2016-2017 lklivingston 4 70,329 06-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  Conference scholarships! WendiC 11 153,068 05-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Last Post: mcsorleyfam
  2016 Conference - What to Bring lklivingston 10 136,589 05-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep