2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Announcements/RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Hello Ladies, I notice there was a lady mentioned above (yesterday I think) who had to cancel her registration but someone stepped in to take her place. I am writing from the UK and my husband has just told me that I should have booked to go! I hadn't dreamed of going and hadn't even mentioned it to him until he found it online himself ... Registration is closed now but if anyone else is unable to go last minute, is there a waiting list? I'd love to fill someone's place, reimbursing the registration fee for them. Hoping and praying in Birmingham, UK!
The following 1 user Likes Sudlow's post:
  • phoebebopeep
(05-05-2016, 05:49 AM)Sudlow Wrote: Hello Ladies, I notice there was a lady mentioned above (yesterday I think) who had to cancel her registration but someone stepped in to take her place. I am writing from the UK and my husband has just told me that I should have booked to go! I hadn't dreamed of going and hadn't even mentioned it to him until he found it online himself ... Registration is closed now but if anyone else is unable to go last minute, is there a waiting list? I'd love to fill someone's place, reimbursing the registration fee for them. Hoping and praying in Birmingham, UK!
I think this person may still be looking for someone to take her place
https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showth...?tid=25376
Rachel L. from Texas
Goodness 'rachelrw', wouldn't that be amazing! I've just responded to her post and we'll see if she is still looking for someone. Thank you so much for pointing out her post! How much is the registration fee? I can'r see it mentioned anywhere, registration having closed. Many thanks again, Liz
The following 1 user Likes Sudlow's post:
  • rachelrw
(05-05-2016, 05:51 AM)rachelrw Wrote: I think this person may still be looking for someone to take her place
https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showth...?tid=25376

She found someone. But I may know of someone else. Email amblesideonlinemoderators@gmail.com and I'll see if I can put you in touch with her.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • rachelrw
Announcements/2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Hi ladies! Y'all are the most helpful bunch of women I know so I thought I'd ask your opinion. If you had kids going into Y4, Y6, and Y0 what sessions would you take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05-05-2016, 06:00 AM)Sudlow Wrote: Goodness 'rachelrw', wouldn't that be amazing! I've just responded to her post and we'll see if she is still looking for someone. Thank you so much for pointing out her post! How much is the registration fee? I can'r see it mentioned anywhere, registration having closed. Many thanks again, Liz
Good luck! Hope you can squeeze in! :)
Rachel L. from Texas
The following 1 user Likes rachelrw's post:
  • phoebebopeep
(05-05-2016, 05:49 AM)Sudlow Wrote: Hello Ladies, I notice there was a lady mentioned above (yesterday I think) who had to cancel her registration but someone stepped in to take her place.  I am writing from the UK and my husband has just told me that I should have booked to go!  I hadn't dreamed of going and hadn't even mentioned it to him until he found it online himself ...  Registration is closed now but if anyone else is unable to go last minute, is there a waiting list?  I'd love to fill someone's place, reimbursing the registration fee for them.  Hoping and praying in Birmingham, UK!

Even if this works out (praying for you), Karen Glass is planning an event in England FYI.  Hopefully she can share more details.
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
The following 1 user Likes Lani's post:
  • phoebebopeep
(05-03-2016, 04:25 AM)phoebebopeep Wrote: Would it be okay to bring various AO books to give away? Place them somewhere at a table in the fair maybe?

Yes.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 1 user Likes WendiC's post:
  • phoebebopeep
(05-03-2016, 04:25 AM)phoebebopeep Wrote: Would it be okay to bring various AO books to give away? Place them somewhere at a table in the fair maybe?

That's so sweet!
The following 1 user Likes Lindsaytaylortaylor's post:
  • phoebebopeep
(05-05-2016, 06:44 AM)WendiC Wrote: Yes.

Thanks. I sent you a PM.
Mom to one DD, Y4
Louisiana, U.S.A.

“If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save the Date! Donna-Jean 86 537,021 10-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Queensuzie2
  Third conference plenary AO Forum 8 108,057 03-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Meshelle911
  Christmas Break 2016 lklivingston 7 112,499 02-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Heivices
  Conference Resources (notes & things promised at the Heart of AO Conf 2016) NaomiG 26 366,936 08-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Next conference plenary (extra special!) AO Forum 10 140,572 07-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Peacefully Buzzing
  Conference audio! AO Forum 28 357,053 07-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: islavet
  Second conference plenary! AO Forum 24 308,606 07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Folksongs 2016-2017 lklivingston 4 70,316 06-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  Conference scholarships! WendiC 11 153,047 05-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Last Post: mcsorleyfam
  2016 Conference - What to Bring lklivingston 10 136,564 05-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep