Plutarch Revisions are Coming
Announcements/RE: Plutarch Revisions are Coming
(03-19-2021, 02:54 AM)Laura in Ontario Wrote: Anne, I am just really digging into Plutarch for the first time...with my 16 year old and 12 year olds! I know, it's late in the game but better late than never. We are doing Publicola first and finding your guide so helpful. I love the suggested assignments especially. We just did Lesson 9 (I think?) of Publicola yesterday where you suggested making a comic strip of the events (Mucius putting his hand into the burning coals and impressing the enemy king) and my 12 year son actually made a comic strip in his free time because he thought it would be fun! [cheesy grin] 

In the past every time I tried doing Plutarch on my own, it just fizzled out. Now it is coming to life for us. So THANK YOU! [Heart <3]

Thank you back! It is wonderful to hear about kids making the studies their own.

I am in the middle of revising Volume Two; it should be available by the end of May.
Anne White, Southern Ontario
My book page at Amazon
Volume Three is now available! It's on the website and is also available for purchase through Amazon.
My book page at Amazon
The following 3 users Like AnneWhite's post:
  • Carol Gomez, Janice, Subversive Gardener
I am planning for year 4 and trying to figure out where to start. Is the Publicola book revised yet? I know that is the recommended on to start with. After doing that, where do we jump in on the rotation? Would I begin with Volume 7 (Pompey 1,2 and Themistocles)?
I'm not planning to revise P. anytime soon.

Yes, the idea is to then jump in wherever the current year takes you. But you can start somewhere else if you prefer.
My book page at Amazon
Announcements/Plutarch Revisions are Coming
(07-11-2021, 06:57 AM)AnneWhite Wrote: I'm not planning to revise P. anytime soon.

Yes, the idea is to then jump in wherever the current year takes you. But you can start somewhere else if you prefer.

Thank you!
I wanted to make sure I didn’t buy an older version of P if a new one was coming
Mama of 6 (YR 6, YR 4, YR 2, Preschooler, Toddler, and Baby) <3 
Or if you want to be adventurous, you could try out the brand-new book The Practical Plutarch, which has a six-lesson study of the Life of Eumenes, also good for beginners, I'm hoping. It's just being published this weekend, and I'm still waiting for the paperback version to go live; but the Kindle version is already up on Amazon.
My book page at Amazon
Hmmmm I’ll think about it! I like how the book description sounds.
Mama of 6 (YR 6, YR 4, YR 2, Preschooler, Toddler, and Baby) <3 
Update: the paperback is live now too. (I'll be posting an announcement about the book soon, but sounded like something you might want to know about.)
My book page at Amazon
I just ordered Practical Plutarch. All of your hard work is so appreciated. Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three updated Plutarch studies on the website AnneWhite 12 50,095 02-01-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Lesleydawn328
  A new kind of Plutarch book AnneWhite 25 83,291 09-16-2021, 09:30 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Extra Plutarch year will be added AnneWhite 7 35,660 09-04-2020, 08:08 AM
Last Post: AnneWhite