PM Download/Export --Where do they go?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: PM Download/Export --Where do they go?
(08-07-2012, 01:31 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: I think it gave me the option of opening as an html or txt file. I would guess you chose html. You would paste it to whatever you wanted, probably a Word doc or text file.

Do you use Firefox? I do and I don't recall seeing that option.

I guess I expected that it was going to actually download or export to my computer in a very obvious way since all along the process it reads things like:
  • "Download Messages"
  • "Delete Exported Messages? Do you want to delete the messages from your folders once they have been exported?"
  • Export File Format Please choose the file type of which to download attachments.
  • Export Private Messages

Is it just me or does that sound a bit misleading? Did I miss something? The only link I saw on the page that it gave me was a link at the very bottom. That link took me back to the main forum page.

It just occurred to me that I could test this by sending myself a PM to try to 'export' again. I did so and the image below is the resulting HTML page. It's identical to my first attempt at 'downloading' my PMs, minus my PMs, of course.

How is the average person going to know what to do with this kind of "download"? I know people who still can't copy and paste and they've been online for years.
Stephanie  [Heart <3] DS 18
Charlotte Mason Devotees, Since 2004

Messages In This Thread
RE: PM Download/Export --Where do they go? - by Christo et Doctrinae - 08-07-2012, 02:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free download of Trial and Triumph vlreed 5 9,706 09-04-2020, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Phyllis