AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home'
Announcements/RE: AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home'
(04-17-2015, 01:47 AM)jens2boys Wrote: I am so bummed that I can't attend.  It seems that most CM conferences are so far away from me most of the time (on the other side of the country)  :-(  It would be nice if someone could do a CM here in the NW.  You all have a wonderful time!

Ask and you shall receive! [cheesy grin]

https://northwestbynorth.wordpress.com/n...onference/
(04-17-2015, 02:55 PM)MelisaH Wrote: Ask and you shall receive!   [cheesy grin]

There is a mischievous little twinkle in my eye right now as I'm wondering what I should ask for.
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
The following 7 users Like Dawn Rhymer's post:
  • , Amy Jo Hines, Dawn Duran, Lisa-v, Lizzie Smith, michelle dawn, Peacefully Buzzing
(04-17-2015, 03:05 PM)Dawn Girl Wrote: There is a mischievous little twinkle in my eye right now as I'm wondering what I should ask for.

Ha!! [. . .][Nananananananananananananana--Batman!][cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes MelisaH's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines
(04-17-2015, 03:05 PM)Dawn Girl Wrote: There is a mischievous little twinkle in my eye right now as I'm wondering what I should ask for.

Yeah, like shipping the lot of you all to the Northwest... [:P cheesy, cheesy!]
Kathy W.~Northwest by North
"The teacher who allows his scholars the freedom of the city of books is at liberty to be their guide, philosopher and friend; and is no long the mere instrument of forcible intellectual feeding."
Vol. 6
The following 4 users Like Kathy W.'s post:
  • Amy Jo Hines, Lisa-v, MelisaH, MichelleDee

OK.  I have settled upon that which I need to ask.

I received a green light from my husband and 4H club to attend.

Right now I'm looking at two tickets.  The first would get me into Chicago, Midway, as early as 9:10 AM on Friday, though it could be later.  My flight out would be Saturday night, also Midway, at 8:45 PM, which would mean leaving the conference right as it ended at 5 PM.  Would anyone be going past Midway at these times and be able to give me a ride?

The second ticket would get me into Indianapolis late on Thursday night, thus I would be available all day on Friday.  I would get my flight out of Indianapolis very early on Sunday, so I could get back to Indianapolis any time on Saturday.  I would just find some cheap hotel/motel where I could be picked up and dropped off.  Would anyone be going past Indianapolis at these times and be able to give me a ride?

I would happily cover the cost of gas.  I can pack as little as you need me to, if you don't have a lot of luggage room.

Please, send me a PM if this would work, and the idea of giving a stranger a ride doesn't cause you to shiver.

ETA:  I left out the part about how ecstatic I am.
Dawn, Georgia
The following 3 users Like Dawn Rhymer's post:
  • Christy Hissong, Dawn Duran, WendiC
I'm confused... is it possible to register for the conference yet?

Thanks to those organizing everything!
(05-03-2015, 10:02 AM)EmilyGF Wrote: EmilyGF
I'm confused... is it possible to register for the conference yet?

Not yet, but any day now.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Tammy Glaser
If we promise to be really really good and are willing to drive over nine hours to get there can you fit in 150 people? Cuz, I'm hopin for a spot.
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
Announcements/AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home'
There are a few of us meeting in Indy, and getting one from that airport as well, so that might be a possibility, although I'm not sure about exact travel times yet.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
(05-03-2015, 10:02 AM)EmilyGF Wrote: I'm confused... is it possible to register for the conference yet?

Thanks to those organizing everything!

I'm sorry to stir up confusion with my question and ask forgiveness. As has been answered, the registration is not yet opened. I did not mean to convey it was a foreordained conclusion I would be able to go, as I know the original plan is to have a lottery if more people register than for whom there is room. However, there is some logistics involved in my traveling that I would need to act on rather quickly depending on the turn-around for registration, and I wanted to try to have the pieces in place ahead of time if it turned out I was selected.
Dawn, Georgia

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas Break 2015 LeslieNoelani 2 47,153 12-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep
  Forum Maintenance - November 2015 MelisaH 8 119,486 11-10-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: COMama
  Thank you to all who made the 2015 At Home retreat complete and special KarenG 3 62,174 08-02-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Megan Hoyt
  2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration LeslieNoelani 37 532,756 06-20-2015, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Primeperiwinkle
  Forum Update June 2015 MelisaH 1 38,389 06-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Last Post: jmoore2001us@yahoo.com