2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Announcements/RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
We won't be leaving Dallas until Sunday morning. Saturday night we will be staying near Dallas Love and would like to go out to dinner (preferably something that screams Texas - like bbq).
Does anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks!
(and SOOOOO excited this is almost here...)
Amy in Southern California - dd 17 (yr11) & dd 14 (yr8)
 "I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -Thomas Jefferson 
The following 1 user Likes Amy_Johnson's post:
  • NaomiG
The schedule says for Thursday hayrides and bonfire for Thursday. Will that be canceled or postponed to the next day in case of rain? Just looking at the forcast which says 80% chance of rain that day, what doesn't tell us what time yet, I see it say 65% in the morning.Thanks, Friederike
The following 1 user Likes Friederike's post:
  • phoebebopeep
Announcements/2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
(05-17-2016, 03:38 PM)Amy_Johnson Wrote: We won't be leaving Dallas until Sunday morning. Saturday night we will be staying near Dallas Love and would like to go out to dinner (preferably something that screams Texas - like bbq).
Does anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks!
(and SOOOOO excited this is almost here...)

Rudys bar-b-q is really good. 30 minutes from the airport. Dallas is such a big city, not many mom and pop bbq joints... There are lots of cute sandwich places around there but good old fashioned bbq- I can't think of much in Dallas. You would like Rudys though!! Maybe someone else can think of some places. Ft worth has good places but that's about an hour from you. Is your family staying while you go to the conference? They might want to go see the cattle drive through downtown ft worth daily- really neat to watch! Fortworth.com/the-herd/
Mama to six little ladies, ages 13 to 5 - Currently doing Y7, Y5, Y4, Y2, Y1 and Y0
The following 1 user Likes Queensuzie2's post:
  • Amy_Johnson
Announcements/2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Smokey Johns is near there! There are a lot of good places to eat around Love Field!

http://www.smokeyjohns.com/#_=_
I'm Whitney and I live in Dallas with my boy/girl twins, husband, and dog. Always looking for the beauty in the every day.
The following 1 user Likes ModernWhit's post:
  • Amy_Johnson
Rudy's is some of the best real Texan BBQ.
The following 2 users Like CrystalH's post:
  • Amy_Johnson, JennyWren
I have a very important question for the organizers on behalf of all Instagram junkies... 

Is there an official hashtag for the conference??  [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]  #deepintheheartofao? #ao2016? #aoconf2016?
Nermarí Faría Broderick
Mom to 3 boys (Y11, Y9, Y8) and 1 rambunctious girl (Y4) [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!] 

Find me on IG: https://www.instagram.com/BeautifulMessyMotherhood

~~ Southeast Florida / Broward / Coral Springs ~~
The following 5 users Like justNermari's post:
  • Amy_Johnson, MrsH, phoebebopeep, Primeperiwinkle, Queensuzie2
(05-18-2016, 10:00 AM)justNermari Wrote: I have a very important question for the organizers on behalf of all Instagram junkies... 

Is there an official hashtag for the conference??  [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]  #deepintheheartofao? #ao2016? #aoconf2016?

Yes! It's #heartofao2016
Naomi - dd 21 (grad), ds 19 (grad), dd 15 (YR10), ds 12 (YR6)

The following 9 users Like NaomiG's post:
  • Amy_Johnson, Celeste, justNermari, laurke, lklivingston, Mfbell, Ola Snyder, phoebebopeep, Queensuzie2
Are we going to get our itineraries once we arrive? Will we know which classes we're attending once we get there? I'm anxious about which classes I'm going to get to attend.. I can't remember which ones I want more.. And I kinda just want to sit and have coffee with Leslie so.. ya know.. it's very conflicting. Lol
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
The following 2 users Like Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • Mfbell, phoebebopeep
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I purchased the 4-meal plan for commuters, and I can't remember which meals that covers. [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]  Can anyone tell me which meals not to eat in the car on the way? lol.

And on the subject of food, are there any other commuters that want to meet up for lunch before the festivities start? I don't know Waxahachie that well, but Yelp says there's a cute little place called The Dove's Nest that looks lovely. And I'd love to connect with other local AO moms!
Amy, mom of three (6, 5, and 1yo) in North Texas
It is possible that God says every morning, "Do it again" to the sun; and every evening, "Do it again" to the moon. ... It may be that He has the eternal appetite of infancy; for we have sinned and grown old, and our Father is younger than we. - G. K. Chesterton
The following 1 user Likes JennyWren's post:
  • phoebebopeep
(05-18-2016, 11:12 AM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: Are we going to get our itineraries once we arrive? Will we know which classes we're attending once we get there? I'm anxious about which classes I'm going to get to attend.. I can't remember which ones I want more.. And I kinda just want to sit and have coffee with Leslie so.. ya know.. it's very conflicting. Lol

Yes, there's a handout that everyone will receive at check-in, which, by the way was put together beautifully by Amy Tuttle, along with some other surprises  [:P cheesy, cheesy!] and that will have the schedule and info you need. Everyone will be given details on how to register for the breakouts at some point either during check in or maybe at the welcome session so don't worry! 

You can also see the schedule on line here: http://www.amblesideonline.org/2016Confe...e2016.html
Naomi - dd 21 (grad), ds 19 (grad), dd 15 (YR10), ds 12 (YR6)

The following 3 users Like NaomiG's post:
  • Mrs.Honey, phoebebopeep, Primeperiwinkle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save the Date! Donna-Jean 86 535,209 10-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Queensuzie2
  Third conference plenary AO Forum 8 107,832 03-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Meshelle911
  Christmas Break 2016 lklivingston 7 112,232 02-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Heivices
  Conference Resources (notes & things promised at the Heart of AO Conf 2016) NaomiG 26 366,175 08-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Next conference plenary (extra special!) AO Forum 10 140,394 07-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Peacefully Buzzing
  Conference audio! AO Forum 28 356,363 07-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: islavet
  Second conference plenary! AO Forum 24 308,089 07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Folksongs 2016-2017 lklivingston 4 70,187 06-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  Conference scholarships! WendiC 11 152,787 05-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Last Post: mcsorleyfam
  2016 Conference - What to Bring lklivingston 10 136,331 05-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep