#ao20years Website Grand Opening
Announcements/#ao20years Website Grand Opening
We are thrilled to show you our newly redesigned website! The content has (mostly) not changed, but it's more beautiful and more functional. We are incredibly grateful to Alissa Clark and her husband Justin for the graphic design and to Heidi Leben for the website development. They gave us, and all of you, a tremendous gift.

amblesideonline.org[Image: 6bf071dc7eaf3ea7150fad82df084a1d.jpg]
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Announcements/RE: #ao20years Website Grand Opening
It is beautiful. Thanks to you all for such a labor of love. I have been rereading "A Philosophy of Education," and came across this quote in the beginning that reminded me of the free gift of AO:

On the contrary, he recognizes with King Arthur,- "These jewels, whereupon I chanced Divinely, are for public use." For many years we have had access to a sort of Aladdin's cave which I long to throw open 'for public use.' (p.28)

Thanks again to you all!
Hear, hear!
Claire - Tasmanian mum sharing one of God's garden beds with four other 'Son-flowers' - DH (husband of 21 years), Little Bear  (DS 16yo, AO Year 10 - not so little any more [:P cheesy, cheesy!] ), Miss Muffet (DD 15 yo, AO Year 10) and Mouse (DS 12yo, AO Year 6).
"A child of any age should be a well-read person for his age." - Charlotte Mason
It is beautiful, and I'm loving some of the new resource links. Everything is so smooth. Thank you!
The new website is great! Thanks to EVERYONE who has & continues to make AO possible!
Linda in NC
It is beautiful! Awesome job to all who labored over it!
Kayla

P-girl 15y/o year 9, J-boy 13y/o year 6/7, H-girl 10y/o year 4, M-girl 6y/o year 0/1

Instagram @flourish.with.charlotte
(07-12-2021, 02:26 PM)etihwnyrhtak Wrote: It is beautiful. Thanks to you all for such a labor of love. I have been rereading "A Philosophy of Education," and came across this quote in the beginning that reminded me of the free gift of AO:

On the contrary, he recognizes with King Arthur,- "These jewels, whereupon I chanced Divinely, are for public use." For many years we have had access to a sort of Aladdin's cave which I long to throw open 'for public use.' (p.28)

Thanks again to you all!

Wow!  Thanks so much for sharing this quote!  It does indeed so elegantly capture the heart of AO.  The new website is yet another jewel labored over in love for the delight of the public.  I feel like this gift is setting off another worldwide Day of Praise--what a wonderful way to begin the week!
Jodi
wife of the Man; mom of the Miss, AO Y9
I saw it yesterday before any announcement was made and thought, "wow! This is great!" I've always appreciated the sit and its simplicity, always allowing me to think through the right choices for our family, rather than feeling pressured to buy, buy, buy, due to glossy pictures and overdone advertising. Thank you for retaining that high-quality simplicity, but making it even more modern and user-friendly. :)
(07-13-2021, 01:46 AM)JCE Wrote: I saw it yesterday before any announcement was made and thought, "wow! This is great!" I've always appreciated the sit and its simplicity, always allowing me to think through the right choices for our family, rather than feeling pressured to buy, buy, buy, due to glossy pictures and overdone advertising. Thank you for retaining that high-quality simplicity, but making it even more modern and user-friendly. :)

That's a great point I hadn't thought of before, at least not consciously. Lots of sites have the pushy, flashy vibe you describe and it's so nice that AO doesn't.

The new site is very pretty, and I can already tell some of the reorganization will be helpful.
Amanda 
Midwestern mom of one Y1 boy
I like the new look, the new features, and I especially appreciate that it remains easy to download on low bandwidth and sketchy connections. Thank you for an update that is both pretty and practical!
"How easy it is to fly on paper wings!"  (Helen Keller)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Website Maintenance Friday, July 21 LeslieNoelani 1 2,906 07-17-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: annebaiel
  Three updated Plutarch studies on the website AnneWhite 12 50,092 02-01-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Lesleydawn328
  Scheduled Website/Forum Maintenance lklivingston 4 10,972 08-12-2022, 01:15 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  #ao20years Coffee with the Advisory and Auxiliary lklivingston 11 39,115 07-12-2021, 10:51 AM
Last Post: JCE
  Website Changes lklivingston 2 17,059 04-28-2020, 11:38 AM
Last Post: etihwnyrhtak
  Upcoming Website Improvements! LeslieNoelani 7 527,945 05-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Brandy Vencel