Font Colour
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Font Colour
So, you can see my first set of changes. Or I guess it's the second? :) Do you like the purple? Does having them underlined now help?
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
the purple seems to only be activated when you see a link that you've already clicked/visited. prior to that the link is still the greenish color.
and i already "voted" elsewhere that i think the default underlining of a URL does help!
thanks for all your hard work phyllis!
Angi... mom to DD9, DD21 (college), and a grown son
Moderating: Volume 1- Home Education, Literature, Hobbies & Fun, & Blogging
Phyllis,

I can see the changes coming through now and the board is becoming easier to read. Thank you for all your hard work. It will be appreciated by many who have eyesight on the 'poorer' side :-)

regards
Jane
The following 1 user Likes jane5ok's post:
  • WendiC
You're welcome! Right now, I'm trying a bright, bold turquoise. For my own eyes, it's really too bright, but do you like it? Was the purple better? Or maybe one of these blues? I'm looking for something visible, but also something that looks good with the other colors here, of course.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
the bright bold turquoise is too pale - it really is about the contrast between the white and the print - so the turquoise has little contrast and therefore is not as good as purple. the other blues are on the cusp so to speak - not as much contrast as the purple but not as pale as the others, however the lack of contrast makes it a little difficult. I would also vote for the hyperlinks to be underlined, it does make them stand out better.

However, I do not want font changes to be too 'bright' for other users as that would not be good either. Maybe I should have stayed away from the board :-(

regards
Jane
jane5ok Wrote:However, I do not want font changes to be too 'bright' for other users as that would not be good either. Maybe I should have stayed away from the board :-(

regards
Jane

Jane, you're being a great help! We need to make this workable.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Yes, you're helping a lot. Thank you! I'm definitely going to have the links underlined, and probably bold, too. I just need to settle on a good color....

I'm very open to suggestions here.
I like the bright blues, but know that means less contrast. I see the purple but its so dark on my monitor (also firefox on a mac, like Jane) it really doesn't look purple. I'm fine with it and it looks good, so don't change anything...just letting you know its not very purple-ish :)
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
Just to let you know that when I click on the 'new posts' all the entries are in the old colours and not the new ones.

regards
Jane
I can't differentiate purple from the black text, but maybe I don't need to?
And he said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." 
~Luke 18:27
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit."

~John 12:24

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Font changes Primeperiwinkle 27 36,305 01-23-2015, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Font Size Increased? Christo et Doctrinae 3 5,056 08-14-2012, 04:49 AM
Last Post: Christo et Doctrinae